Does the Bern stand a chance?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think if most working upper/middle class Americans added up their total taxes, state, federal, sales, property, etc etc etc, they would be shocked at how much they are paying out in total right now.
That’s because there’s never been a better time to be living in America! Or anywhere else for that matter.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Taxes in Sweden: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Sweden#Income_tax

“Circa 32% (ca. 11% county and 20% municipality tax which is the Swedish average): from 20,008 kronor to 468,700 kronor
  • 32% + 20%: from 468,700 kronor to 675,700 kronor
  • 32% + 25%: above 675,700 kronor (prior to 2020) [4]

• 1 dollar = ~10 kronor. With the above, someone making $100k USD/year would be taxed at an effective rate of ~45%. Not to mention how pricey everything else is because of their VAT and other taxes. No thanks

Sweden has the highest standard of living in Europe and along with Norway is consistently top 10 of the most liveable countries in the world.

Wonder why?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So when a fattie puts in an insurance claim for diabeetus and you have to pay for it, do you lose your sh!t?

Or is it just because soshulism

It would help if you learned how risk pools work.
Still clinging to that bullshit

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Lest we forget: In Sweden there is also a 25% VAT on all non-food items and a $3.20/gal gas tax.
But the surf is pumping. Also, don’t forget get about the Swedish Bikini Team made famous in the Old Milwaukee beer commercials.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
They make more money, their standard of living is much higher and there are no poor people.
The median Swede compared to the median American, probably. It’s a lot easier to not have an underclass in a country of <10M compared to over 300M people.

Compared to me? Doubt it. I enjoy better weather, food, and access to recreation than those pasty mf’ers, and I make a comfortable living in the process. I’ll take fish and chips at the beach in winter while wearing shorts and sunglasses over sitting in front of a fire eating pickled cod any day. Loosers.

You are fucking clueless about the world outside the US, just like your alt-right bro.
Lolz. Want to compare passports sometime?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The median Swede compared to the median American, probably. It’s a lot easier to not have an underclass in a country of <10M compared to over 300M people.

Compared to me? Doubt it. I enjoy better weather, food, and access to recreation than those pasty mf’ers, and I make a comfortable living in the process. I’ll take fish and chips at the beach in winter while wearing shorts and sunglasses over sitting in front of a fire eating pickled cod any day. Loosers.

Lolz. Want to compare passports sometime?

Let's compare figures when Sweden shares an open border with Mexico...