Does President Obama Love America?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Rudy Giuliani, speaking at a dinner on Wednesday, first ignited the controversy by saying, "I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America. He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

:applause2: Stating the obvious is hardly controversial. :applause2:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
GromsDad said:
Rudy Giuliani, speaking at a dinner on Wednesday, first ignited the controversy by saying, "I do not believe, and I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I do not believe that the president loves America. He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country.”

:applause2: Stating the obvious is hardly controversial. :applause2:
another line from the Big Book Of Conservative Pearl-Clutching...exactly the kind of sentiment that makes it impossible to take conservatives seriously. like the flag pin on the lapel or the salute with the coffee in hand or any one of 20 other inane observations that are immaterial to both prez and the public. it's like you guys work overtime to perpetuate the stereotype...

Fredtool

Nep status
Jan 31, 2014
Florida
Obama is the embodyment American Exceptionalism! He was not brought up in Wealth and Privilege. Like all the Bush family. He was raised by a single Parent with the help from His grandParents. He got an Education had the smarts to get into Harvard Law School. He worked hard for everything he got. Like everybody in America that has made a success of their life he had help along the way. Many other liberal thinkers and Bussiness leaders also pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. While making something of themselves they did not forget the lessons that they did not do this on their own. They had help and now they like to pay it forward. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, The late Steve Jobs., Oprah Winfrey are just a few of the most visable of the Liberals that do a lot to make this a better world.

bloomies

Kelly Slater status
Sep 27, 2008
If he doesn't love America, why did he leave Kenya? When you figure it out let us know GrimDad.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Fredtool said:
Obama is the embodyment American Exceptionalism! He was not brought up in Wealth and Privilege. Like all the Bush family. He was raised by a single Parent with the help from His grandParents. He got an Education had the smarts to get into Harvard Law School. He worked hard for everything he got. Like everybody in America that has made a success of their life he had help along the way. Many other liberal thinkers and Bussiness leaders also pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. While making something of themselves they did not forget the lessons that they did not do this on their own. They had help and now they like to pay it forward. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, The late Steve Jobs., Oprah Winfrey are just a few of the most visable of the Liberals that do a lot to make this a better world.
That's nice, but does he love America? Do you think he likes and believes The Constitution and The Declaration of Independence or does he view them as a hindrance to his ambitions?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Perhaps the biggest difference between Obama and every other president is his obvious disdain for this country. While I hated Bill Clinton and his biatch of a wife, I've never doubted their love of country. Obama, not so much.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
GDaddy said:
Obama does not believe in the idea of American Exceptionalism.
it's an irrational concept. exceptionalism is not permanent, it does not exist in perpetuity and it's not a gift from some higher power - it's earned and maintained by exceptional deeds, actions, and accomplishments. We were exceptional but we peaked in the late last century...we haven't done much to brag about in the last 15 years or so..

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If you want to be good you can't think you are exceptional.

If Guliani loved America wouldn't he have more respect for the position of president, even if he didn't respect the president's policies?

Saying you don't love America is something a 14 year old troublemaker would say.

That this is their strategy says more about them that it does about BO.

Looks like its Hillary :monkey:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
GDaddy said:
Obama does not believe in the idea of American Exceptionalism.
And that is one of the things I like about him. The sooner we squash that idiotic myth the sooner we can progress.

Giluliani is a real piece of sh!t. Talk about capitalizing on a tragedy