Does Liking Lynyrd Skynyrd Make You A Racist?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Endless Summer is a great film and I don't think it should be cancelled or recut but I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging Bruce Brown's now dated and cringeworthy depiction of africans in the film. We can and we should learn from the past.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Endless Summer is a great film and I don't think it should be cancelled or recut but I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging Bruce Brown's now dated and cringeworthy depiction of africans in the film. We can and we should learn from the past.
What was cringeworthy about it?

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Filming Africans is cringeworthy?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I was in a Walmart in Dothan, AL, late '90s. In the middle of a main aisle was a small group of honey booboo-ish looking folks. They had moved some of the store's furniture and were sitting watching a big flat screen. It was a video. Guess who? LYVE!

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I was in a Walmart in Dothan, AL, late '90s. In the middle of a main aisle was a small group of honey booboo-ish looking folks. They had moved some of the store's furniture and were sitting watching a big flat screen. It was a video. Guess who? LYVE!
A city out of the past! Dothan is in LA (lower Alabama). I attended a federal criminal trial in Dothan. Waiting in the hall to be called in, there were two older (than me) country boys in bib overalls, apparently witnesses for the defense. One looked through the small glass window into the courtroom and turned to his buddy and said, “they have them selves a plow share boy sitting behind the desk!” I figured it out when I entered the courtroom and the sitting judge was POC. Until that time, I had never heard the term ’plow share boy’ and I went to high school in Virginia as integration was enforced and the local kids were farked up with their ideas about race (the apples didn’t fall far from the tree back in those days). Dothan, LA, still living in the past...

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
A city out of the past! Dothan is in LA (lower Alabama). I attended a federal criminal trial in Dothan. Waiting in the hall to be called in, there were two older (than me) country boys in bib overalls, apparently witnesses for the defense. One looked through the small glass window into the courtroom and turned to his buddy and said, “they have them selves a plow share boy sitting behind the desk!” I figured it out when I entered the courtroom and the sitting judge was POC. Until that time, I had never heard the term ’plow share boy’ and I went to high school in Virginia as integration was enforced and the local kids were farked up with their ideas about race (the apples didn’t fall far from the tree back in those days). Dothan, LA, still living in the past...
"...swords into plowshares."

Reactions: john4surf