Does anyone honestly believe Elizabeth Warren could beat Trumby in 2020? Poll.

Does anyone honestly believe Elizabeth Warren could beat Trumby in 2020?

• Yes She Could Win

• Not A Chance In Hell

Results are only viewable after voting.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Tell me the Democrats can come up with something better than her. Please.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
People do not vote for shrill.

Elizabeth Warren is shrill.

Do you find the sound of Donald Trump’s voice to be pleasant? Soothing? Stimulating? What exactly is it that you seek in the voice of a leader? Or is it just “shrill” that bothers you?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Trump's voice pleasant?

Fuck no.

Can't stand it.

The NY/Northeast accent is like nails on a chalkboard to anyone born elsewhere.

Despised by the majority of Americans.

The very fact Trump won a modern presidential election as an Easterner is pretty mind boggling. Kennedy the same.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The winner has to win middle-of-the-road voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida. Last time, Hillary treated those people with thinly veiled disdain and look what we got. And she was more middle-of-the-road than Warren by a large margin.

I don't see those voters voting for Liz.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The winner has to win middle-of-the-road voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida. Last time, Hillary treated those people with thinly veiled disdain and look what we got. And she was more middle-of-the-road than Warren by a large margin.

I don't see those voters voting for Liz.
Not so sure, her economic message could work after they got fooked over by Don the Con

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
That would be entertaining. The more she talks though the fewer votes she'll get. In my humble opinion she doesn't come off very well when she speaks. She better avoid debates at all costs if she gets the nomination.
The amount you don’t know is a lot

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
You actually judge a candidate by the tone of their voice? Sad.

And you she comes off as insincere? And Trump???? Forehead slap.

My main concern with her "plans" is how do you pay for them? Her reply is always to squeeze the top 2%. If she can demonstrate that their pockets are really that deep, then I say squeeze them! I know I'm not I that tier.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My main concern with her "plans" is how do you pay for them? Her reply is always to squeeze the top 2%. If she can demonstrate that their pockets are really that deep, then I say squeeze them! I know I'm not I that tier.
I am strongly in favor of raising top-level marginal rates, taxing long-term capital gains as ordinary income, and general progressive taxation (that's "tax the rich" for those of you who ditched Econ 101). However, you can only tap into that well so much before you have to raise middle-class taxes. Medicare for all? Tax the rich. Free college and absolve existing college debt? Tax the rich. Fund major climate change research? Tax the rich. Increase AFDC? Tax the rich. End homelessness? Tax the rich. And so on.

A lot of the more progressive Dems need to figure out exactly how much they can squeeze out of the 2% pockets, THEN figure out how to spend it. Simple arithmetic.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Trump got elected because enough people like myself could not vote for a corrupt career criminal.

Warren, for all her faults, is not Hillary.
Since you seem reasonable and not a brainwashed rube lets discuss this, first some examples of Hillary's corruption and criminality? Knowing what you know now are the Clintons more corrupt and criminal than the Trumps? In my view Hillary is no more corrupt than any lifelong politician, if any of them were investigated like the Clintons the same or worse would turn up. Since the right could not get old Bill she became the victim of 30 year propaganda war to turn her into Satan, the shame is too many Americans bought the Republican con.

Reactions: Woke AF