• Over 40 and switched to a longboard, boogie board or surf mat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Put me down for preferring a different definition of kook. A complete novice who avoids named spots and sits 30 yards off other people, or an elderly surfer enjoying limited slide time at off brand stuff is IMHO way less of a kook than hordes of low intermediates paddling sections down as fast as possible at Grade A spots.

YMMV
Thank you.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
We talkin naked hot goat yoga?
Is there any other kind?! :crazy2:

Just two more things needed...
1715964380141.png

Fixed?

(or do I need to post this in the side/top/under boob thread?)

Last edited:

hugh shackman

OTF status
Mar 3, 2017
29 but work started to get a lot more intense the past few years. I have a lot less free time and find myself a lot less motivated on the average days than I used to be. I don't get out nearly as much as I used to but it still puts me in the best mood when i do

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
29 but work started to get a lot more intense the past few years. I have a lot less free time and find myself a lot less motivated on the average days than I used to be. I don't get out nearly as much as I used to but it still puts me in the best mood when i do
If at all possible try to make it a priority while you're young. Make the most out of any day you get to surf, even the average or below average ones. Trust me. Before you know it you're 50+ and still shredding but not like when you were 29. Get it while you can!