Do you have a SHTF board?

lukasdad

OTF status
Apr 10, 2005
AUSTRALIA
Apologies for previous post, I was unable to take your question seriously although I am taking the coronavirus threat very seriously.My serious answer to your question is that it is not the end of US surfboard production, no economic collapse lasts forever and I don't believe there is going to be an economic collapse which matches the great depression.

The GFC has done us us a favour to prepare for this crisis - some banks and lending practises were rotten to the core and the rot has been removed. Our governments have also come a long way since the great depression and are more willing to prime the pumps in times of strife. Even those of us who keep our jobs will pay for this for sure - less retirement fund than if the crisis had never happened, higher taxes to pay back all the money our governments threw at the situation, reduced standard of living through inflation perhaps, but thats not the end of the world and surfboard production.

I have promised myself that if I come out the other side with my job intact I will buy a local (Regional Vic) custom surfboard even though my two pu/pe Chilli boards look like they last a while. I'm sure there are others with a similar idea.
I’m in same boat, I have several Chilli’s that really work well, but considering going local with next board. I’m also in vic, lots of great sharpers here, who you thinking ?

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
6+6/6 glassed boards will be passed down to my kids.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wait. are we saying that the SHTF era has indeed begun?? MadMax in the lineup. Spikes on the nose, sharpen the fins? I'm gonna need some more lightning bolts asap
#thisiswar

• Love
Reactions: kane and sdsrfr

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
I know. It’s totally worth plunging the world economy into a global economic depression and the inevitable civil unrest, war, famine and eventual worldwide totalitarian rule resulting in the deaths of a billion or more people, if it saves just one life from covid.
F'n Biden

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
With the economy set to completely collapse in a way we've never seen except in maybe places like Zimbabwe, I'm curious who here has a board you might never ride but you've been keeping for when surfboards stop being produced?

Mine is a 5'10 CI Rob Machado single fin.
Western Civ. did not collapse, huh Karen?