Do you have a friend who plays guitar?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
And doesn't hold back. Belts it out and means every word. And he sux. And he busts it out at every opportunity?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Yes. Mi compadre de grado José Luis Cobo López. He’s been at it since he flunked out of electrical engineering (due to boredom) and started taking piano lessons and moved on to the guitar. This was early 70’s. He moved around a bit but ended up in his home town with his own place. Opened at 11pm, closed whenever. I once saw Pat Tobin fall down the stairs there, full endo, recovered just in time not to get run over by a bus to Petetlan.

Here’s a medley of some of his stuff, check out the guy playing requinto at 50 seconds. Another carnal.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Had a friend like that. He even had a band and played gigs around Lake Tahoe. Very metal. Lifted handed player. Maybe someone here has seen them? Vag-X.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes. Mi compadre de grado José Luis Cobo López. He’s been at it since he flunked out of electrical engineering (due to boredom) and started taking piano lessons and moved on to the guitar. This was early 70’s. He moved around a bit but ended up in his home town with his own place. Opened at 11pm, closed whenever. I once saw Pat Tobin fall down the stairs there, full endo, recovered just in time not to get run over by a bus to Petetlan.

Here’s a medley of some of his stuff, check out the guy playing requinto at 50 seconds. Another carnal.
That guy sounds great.

This thread is supposed to be about guys who suck.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There is something about thinking you are great before you are great.

I bet most artists have that trait.

It gets you through the rough times when you suck.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Yes my friend Mike does this. Poor guy plays guitar more than anyone but has zero sense of rythym or musicality.Growing up we had a few bands with myself an other friends , we always had to give Mike an excuse to why he couldnt be in them.

eventually someone told him.Did it stop him? Hell no. I hide guitars when he comes over ha!

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
And those people that show up for get togethers with their guitars in hand. Um. Nobody asked you to bring your guitar, probably cause they don't want to hear you play/sing. Then they just buss it out. Wife always gives me the look of Be Nice! I just go in the house.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When people pull out the guitar I leave the room.

A guitar with a good drummer is another thing altogether.

I love watching a good drummer.

But I guess I could watch a good guitarist too.

So never mind.

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
I can't even talk and play guitar at the same time. I can nod yes and no, and that's about it.