Do you even like your spouse?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I know women that have nightmare dates on Tinder and Bumble.

I don't see how they do it.

Guys are awful.
hinge is new sh!t. tinder and bumble are passe.

i bet just as many nightmare dates for dudes on there at least in my experience. lots of girls rarely look like their pictures in real life and are looking for free dinner. girls can be jst as awful as guys.

Reactions: afoaf and Autoprax

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I know women that have nightmare dates on Tinder and Bumble.

I don't see how they do it.

Guys are awful.

In my short time on Tinder I actually did pretty well because the bar was seemingly low. Women were amazed that I wasn't trying to send dick pics or arrange sexual encounters within the first 10min of interacting. Apparently thats the norm.

Last edited:

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA

i bet just as many nightmare dates for dudes on there at least in my experience. lots of girls rarely look like their pictures in real life and are looking for free dinner. girls can be jst as awful as guys.
Difference being that our nightmare date is dinner with a fatter, older-looking-than-expected, vapid dinner schemer and theirs is full on rape, but yeah I met some real 'winners' during my time on the apps for sure.

Now I have a fiance who I can totally stand.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
My Dad used to tell this joke:

2 guys are talking to each other at work. One says “I’m so embarrassed. I was at a travel agency this morning and the travel agent had big beautiful t!ts. Instead of saying “Pittsburg” I told her ‘I’d like 2 tickets to Titsburg”.

Other guy says, “That’s nothing. This morning I was eating pancakes and instead of saying ‘pass the syrup’ I said ‘You fookin b!tch you ruined my life’”

My Mom didn’t find it funny :drowning:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

If you commit to a dinner date without at least FaceTiming them to hear their voice and see that their facial definition is legit and not the result of them stretching their double chin out as far as possible for a photo, then you are a simp who deserves to sit thru an awkward dinner in public with a boring troglodyte.

Never commit to a dinner date first, and try to meet at a place that doesn’t have much in the way of food options either.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I love my wife dearly but I also dig my alone time when she goes to work

So much this. Me going back to work in the office has been a great thing for my relationship.

And frankly I'm suspect of anyone who makes their relationship sound perfect. All relationships are work. Some work through them and reap the rewards others don't. But the idea of having a long term soulmate and coexisting for decades without stretches of ups and downs is simply not realistic.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
My wife spends 4 days here, 3 in town depending on what she has going on.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

Hinge = more of looking for a serious relationship
Bumble = has been a goldmine
Tinder = used to be fun but is now a wasteland of bots

may be different depending on your location

Reactions: grapedrink

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
My Dad used to tell this joke:

2 guys are talking to each other at work. One says “I’m so embarrassed. I was at a travel agency this morning and the travel agent had big beautiful t!ts. Instead of saying “Pittsburg” I told her ‘I’d like 2 tickets to Titsburg”.

Other guy says, “That’s nothing. This morning I was eating pancakes and instead of saying ‘pass the syrup’ I said ‘You fookin b!tch you ruined my life’”

My Mom didn’t find it funny :drowning:
^ One of my all time favorite! :ROFLMAO:

• Love

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
If you commit to a dinner date without at least FaceTiming them to hear their voice and see that their facial definition is legit and not the result of them stretching their double chin out as far as possible for a photo, then you are a simp who deserves to sit thru an awkward dinner in public with a boring troglodyte.

Never commit to a dinner date first, and try to meet at a place that doesn’t have much in the way of food options either.
Yea ive since learned my lesson. Ive been hitting these apps for a while - had some things turn into longish relationships, had some turn into good reliable booty calls, and some just dissasters from the get go.

Id never do dinner on a first date anymore period. Living in LA thats asking for a 150 dollar bill just to sit with a girl you know right off the bat you aint into.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Difference being that our nightmare date is dinner with a fatter, older-looking-than-expected, vapid dinner schemer and theirs is full on rape, but yeah I met some real 'winners' during my time on the apps for sure.

Now I have a fiance who I can totally stand.
didnt think of it to the extreme like that like that but yes - you are right.