Do we now have a consensus that China is not our buddy

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
do you not drive even in winter?

I used to just hop back in my car and change at home, which was fine when I was driving a trashed POS but then we got new cars and the wife was no longer cool with this approach

with ponchos readily available from CHINA, I decided it was not worth arguing about
When ever possible I walk across the street, most I will drive is a couple of miles in either direction, Yes, my car is no beauty, full of fishing/surf/work stuff.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Changing robes are dumb. Every now and then you drop your towel and some nuns see your church bells clangin' in the breeze, total win.
When I was a kid I was changing out of wetsuit one day on the coast highway. I got my wetsuit down around my ankles and one of the older guys yanked the towel off of me and pushed me out to the divider. Busy day. So there I am on the divider with my wetsuit down around my ankles and an endless stream of cars in either direction.

Instead of opting for the coverup, which would have fueled my torturers further, I stood out there and thrust my hips forward and waved to the oncoming cars. It took a few minutes for traffic to clear enough so I could leisurely pull up the wetsuit and stroll back across the highway to applause.

Sometimes you just have to embrace the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
One of the main reasons I live right at the beach and only surf local, put on in warm house, take off in hot shower.
I had a warm water outdoor shower plumbed in when we remodeled our crackerbox a few years ago. It just drains to a sand/gravel pan and out the french drain to the gutter. Best decision ever.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I had a warm water outdoor shower plumbed in when we remodeled our crackerbox a few years ago. It just drains to a sand/gravel pan and out the french drain to the gutter. Best decision ever.
Good deal, sand and stinky wetsuits is bit of an issue with wifey,

Reactions: Ifallalot