Distant Shores

kidfury

Tom Curren status
Oct 14, 2017
the earth is roughly spherical. all the planets and stars, all the heavenly bodies are spheres.

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
the earth is roughly spherical. all the planets and stars, all the heavenly bodies are spheres.
That's what I used to think as well....but there is no proof of surface curvature...the missing r....everywhere.
Also, highly illogical re what's above our heads.....comparing to what's below your feet.

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
Both. Prove that's Pt. Mugu, Ventura. Prove that video was taken from where you claim it was. Prove you made the video.
OK....will upload another video later....maybe two....maybe some stills.....was losing focus in the middle of some of my pans due to the low light, me thinks.

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
Buildings @ Port Hueneme or Mugu NAS at the beginning....then Mandalay Power Generating Station at around 12s....1.14.21

Bit of narration in this one.....1.15.21

Last edited:

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I’ll be at the beach today, wave to me if you see me from that far, should be easy right? No curve to block the horizon, clear skies, pretty flat seas, glassy.

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
I’ll be at the beach today, wave to me if you see me from that far, should be easy right? No curve to block the horizon, clear skies, pretty flat seas, glassy.
Nice swell filling in, eh?
How would I pick you out from all the other bro-brahs?
Pink wetsuit maybe?
:dancing:

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
Check out the stacked some kinda reflection of the lower 3 rigs....
Was gone within a few minutes time....really wonky....
Likely all that warm air coming off the land down by Ventura....offshores?

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned". - Richard Feynman

Last edited:

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Nice swell filling in, eh?
How would I pick you out from all the other bro-brahs?
Pink wetsuit maybe?
:dancing:
yep! swell filled in nicely as the tide dropped. you wouldn't have seen me I was with my kids bodysurfing, all black suits. Water was friggin cold!

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
Saw some 54F stuff above Pt C....really?
Glad you guys gots some.
Drove from SB to Gav to SB to Gol today...and back...
Boards on cars are multiplying exponentially!

This evening....

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
Check out the heat waves....looks like a right point down that way.....1.15.21
Platform Hillhouse and A....with Mandalay Power Generating Station to the right of A...above the bird.

And....how about a stacked some kinda mirage or two....or....something....reflections?....two rigs in the Lower 3....

Wonky as a windswell....

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021
As a surfer on the SB Channel for nearly 40 years now I've done my share of gazing at oil rigs, islands and coastlines N and S. I used to think this kind of view indicated the earth's surface curvature...

...then I started researching these kinds of observations due to comments made in the water regarding seeing things we should not see...because they should be below the horizon. Discovered really quick that we cannot detect surface curvature anywhere. All long distance observations are "as flat". Here's a photo study showing the magnitude of the problem...the horizon is essentially in the wrong place...

These photos are in the Potpourri section...go check them out in larger format if needed.

Many will claim this is due to mirage or refraction. Although these effects do occur...especially at the horizon...they do not explain why we see landscape we should not be able to see at all. Here's a really good video on the subject...even if you don't agree with my conclusion...maybe learn something new....

As stated in another thread, there's photos of landscape up to 300 miles in the distance where the objects seen should be nearly 50,000 ft below the horizon. I've yet to see long range views or images that depict the landscape as if we lived on sphere of nearly 4000 mile radius...it always appears "as flat'. I find this rather intriguing....where's the curvature? I'm still looking....
Bohter! Word to you for taking the time to explain these observations. And to y'all running this board for letting such crazy conspiracies/truth to be disseminated. And at a time when discussing ideas is much more difficult than many of us have ever imagined.

I just wanted to throw this into the mix for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I am not sure of the cost of the above setup, but it is technology like this that is advancing rapidly and has been destroying the globe lie all over the world. Youtube, facebook, twitter, etc. cannot take these videos down and ban the account owners fast enough. Our ability to use infrared technology, which allows us to cut through the atmosphere and the ability to max out the contrast allows us to see farther than ever before. FTR, the above horizon is around 100 miles or more beyond where it would be if the earth were a globe, 25,000 miles in circumference.

Love always

Bohter

Miki Dora status
Mar 7, 2006
Bohter! Word to you for taking the time to explain these observations. And to y'all running this board for letting such crazy conspiracies/truth to be disseminated. And at a time when discussing ideas is much more difficult than many of us have ever imagined.

I just wanted to throw this into the mix for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I am not sure of the cost of the above setup, but it is technology like this that is advancing rapidly and has been destroying the globe lie all over the world. Youtube, facebook, twitter, etc. cannot take these videos down and ban the account owners fast enough. Our ability to use infrared technology, which allows us to cut through the atmosphere and the ability to max out the contrast allows us to see farther than ever before. FTR, the above horizon is around 100 miles or more beyond where it would be if the earth were a globe, 25,000 miles in circumference.

Love always
Thanks man....
Appreciate the support....

Now...uhhh...ummma....you gotta show us something.....old erBB tradition for first time posters...
Don't want to scare you off so will let someone else tell you....

Cheers!
:waving: