Disney rejects DeSantis’ mask order.....

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The above is an apt comparison. A nuclear explosion 40-60 miles away could result in building damage similar to an earthquake

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
The above is an apt comparison. A nuclear explosion 40-60 miles away could result in building damage similar to an earthquake
We did this all over So Cal schools as a kid in the 60's.

Many of those cities, due to military installations and related industry nearby were considered ground zero targets.

We would've been vaporized in seconds if a nuke went off within a few miles, which most of LA metro had numerous targets scattered all over So Bay, Valleys, Inland Empire and OC at the time. LA metropolis would be glass.

Yet that duck and cover song and drill every month or so kept us kids feeling safe.

Masks outdoors are the new duck and cover.

Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
again, super weird take....

literally all school programs are absolutist and abstinence-based

there is no nuanced drug education. there is (was) no nuanced sex education.

what were you expecting them to tell you FFS

AIDS was the perfect way to get boys to jimmy up
I dont disagree with the intent behind the messaging, even if it lacked critical facts and nuance. Just like I understand why Fauci told us there was no reason to wear a mask early on because he wanted to preserve them for first responders.

What this illustrates is that governments and institutions will gladly lie to us to for the “greater good”. Which is all the more reason why we should question it and responsibly make our own decisions using decency and common sense.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Actually it lowers the rate of people infected, but hey, stop the steal!
What else did your TV tell you?

In general SCIENCE shows that cloth masks have very limited to no chance of trapping particles that transmit the Covid-19 virus. Heavy cotton performed better than say a bandana...but it took two layers of heavy cotton to provide any reasonable degree of protection. All performed better to some degree at trapping liquid particles like mucus and saliva. The good news is that SCIENCE has also proven that it is very unlikely for Covid to be transmitted outdoors......so while wearing your mask outside does absolutely nothing...being outside is protective.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Very few people believe in wearing masks outside except is super crowds.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Regarding this.....yes. Your stupid cloth face diaper does nothing for this virus.
and you don't grasp the difference between a scientist working with a pure culture
versus a dude walking around in the grocery store mid-pandemic?

or...why someone working with VOCs is using a full respirator?

seriously. again, do you really believe the point these memes are trying to make?

the science is consistent on the benefits of masks for droplet management.

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
and you don't grasp the difference between a scientist working with a pure culture
versus a dude walking around in the grocery store mid-pandemic?

or...why someone working with VOCs is using a full respirator?

seriously. again, do you really believe the point these memes are trying to make?

the science is consistent on the benefits of masks for droplet management.
Do you honestly believe your dollar store cloth face diaper (basically what 99% of people are using) does anything to protect you or others from this virus? How often do you wash and change your face diaper?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Do you honestly believe your dollar store cloth face diaper (basically what 99% of people are using) does anything to protect you or others from this virus? How often do you wash and change your face diaper?
1. mischaracterization

2. yes

3. they go in every time I run a load which is like every other day because my kids apparently
require 3 wardrobe changes each fkn day

the meme is so fooking stupid and flawed, I can't believe you'd attempt to put up any argument
in lieu of just acknowledging its hyperbole

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
1. mischaracterization

2. yes

3. they go in every time I run a load which is like every other day because my kids apparently
require 3 wardrobe changes each fkn day

the meme is so fooking stupid and flawed, I can't believe you'd attempt to put up any argument
in lieu of just acknowledging its hyperbole
Its illustrating absurdity by being absurd. I don't believe for a second that those cloth masks do a damned thing regarding this virus. It would be like wearing a cheap dust mask when glassing surfboards with polyester resin instead of using a proper fitting respirator with good cartridges. Totally useless.