Disney is conditioning us for what will soon be the new normal (eating bugs related)

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Can someone explain the eat the bugs thing? My life doesn’t revolve around Twitter so I’m lost on that one.
Not a twitter thing (I think). Basically the stuff that Bill Gates, UN, "new world order" etc is promoting, where bugs will be our protein source because raising and eating animals is "bad".

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
First segment of this video :toilet:

I've seen 3rd world jail cells that are nicer than this :drowning:
omg.
Thank you Stanford. Let me pay you 150k while i live in poverty.

What % of students will gain from this?

These are smarty kids, and the networking, research opportunities, business building is increasingly happening away from school.

I have an 8 month old. In 17 years, should i expect to pay $300k for school? ..... lol, unlikely.

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Those living conditions are not terrible, unless the people you live with are terrible. I think it is an interesting concept. People--hopefully- make new friends and companions, have a nice kitchen to cook in, a safe place to sleep.

Communal living arrangements are quite enjoyable under the right circumstances.

The right circumstance: no assholes.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Those living conditions are not terrible, unless the people you live with are terrible. I think it is an interesting concept. People--hopefully- make new friends and companions, have a nice kitchen to cook in, a safe place to sleep.

excludes you

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
omg.
Thank you Stanford. Let me pay you 150k while i live in poverty.

What % of students will gain from this?

These are smarty kids, and the networking, research opportunities, business building is increasingly happening away from school.

I have an 8 month old. In 17 years, should i expect to pay $300k for school? ..... lol, unlikely.
No. Send your kids to public universities. Most employers-- and I am one-- look more at who the person is, do we like them, do they seem like a good fit, are they connected to the community, and how did they do in school? You want motivated people and they tend to succeed academically. Unless they went to a total ass university, or Harvard, Yale or Stanford, then the college rarely enters into our equation.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Agreed. It’s not so much the roommate aspect- it’s the windowless lean to closet that looks like it was pieced together with scraps from a junkyard that’s weird.

And whoever owns that house is probably making a killing promoting their “solution to the housing crisis” :roflmao:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
No. Send your kids to public universities. Most employers-- and I am one-- look more at who the person is, do we like them, do they seem like a good fit, are they connected to the community, and how did they do in school? You want motivated people and they tend to succeed academically. Unless they went to a total ass university, or Harvard, Yale or Stanford, then the college rarely enters into our equation.
I am also one to hire others.

obvi the networking opportunities are still great w/in great institutions.

But my partner (HBS grad) and I had 2 criteria when interviewing people:

- did you take initiative to build something on your own, and what was it
- are you weird

that's all.

mostly considered what the initiative was and the outcome, weirdness was a bonus.

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
First, they are healthier than meat. There are nearly 2,000 kinds of edible insects, many of them packed with protein, calcium, fibre, iron and zinc. A small serving of grasshoppers can contain about the same amount of protein as a similar sized serving of beef, but has far less fat and far fewer calories.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
First, they are healthier than meat. There are nearly 2,000 kinds of edible insects, many of them packed with protein, calcium, fibre, iron and zinc. A small serving of grasshoppers can contain about the same amount of protein as a similar sized serving of beef, but has far less fat and far fewer calories.

A true believer

Now tell us about the pros of living in pods