Discrimination gets met with violence.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That term pre-dates the political career of Trump. If you go back in this forum you will see that I did not vote for Trump the first time he ran because I was convinced he was a Rino Trojan Horse.
Then when you realised that he’s not a Rino Trojan Horse but just a lying, narcissistic, bigoted, fragile baby ego cretin, you voted for him in the next election.

Good reasoning.

Reactions: mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Yep, the Norwegians fought a viscous war of resistance against the Nazis unlike Sweden. Also Norwegians are 10x the fishermen the Swedes are.

Sweden's king Gustav V was like "hey, guys......like, maybe be a little nicer to Jewish people"

Hitler was like "Fvck no!"

Gustav was all "oh......ok, my bad"

And people say the French are pvssies.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Yep, the Norwegians fought a viscous war of resistance against the Nazis unlike Sweden. Also Norwegians are 10x the fishermen the Swedes are.
I can trace my roots on the Aland Islands back hundreds of years. The Swedish connection is my dad's cousins some of whom left the isolated islands for Stockholm. The Aland Islands would be a pretty cool place to live from July to September. After that its pretty much like remote coastal Alaska or Nova Scotia. Its a sailors mecca if you're into sailing.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I can trace my roots on the Aland Islands back hundreds of years. The Swedish connection is my dad's cousins some of whom left the isolated islands for Stockholm. The Aland Islands would be a pretty cool place to live from July to September. After that its pretty much like remote coastal Alaska or Nova Scotia. Its a sailors mecca if you're into sailing.

Looks like a nice place.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I'm around 75% Norwegian. My grandparents on one side were Norwegian immigrants. As was my mother. Saying anything about Swedes to my Norwegian grandmother was pretty funny. "Ooof, Ya a Svede is joost a Norvegian with der brains knocked out." I'd try and work Swedes into the conversation wherever possible.

Wow. I just realized, I was trolling my grandmother. I was a pre-teen pre-internet troll.

I should start a Facebook group for that.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I'm around 75% Norwegian. My grandparents on one side were Norwegian immigrants. As was my mother. Saying anything about Swedes to my Norwegian grandmother was pretty funny. "Ooof, Ya a Svede is joost a Norvegian with der brains knocked out." I'd try and work Swedes into the conversation wherever possible.

Wow. I just realized, I was trolling my grandmother. I was a pre-teen pre-internet troll.

I should start a Facebook group for that.
#metoo. Armenian/Irish if I wanted to trigger them all I had to do was mention the Turks or the English.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Yep, the Norwegians fought a viscous war of resistance against the Nazis unlike Sweden.
I really enjoyed the book Snow Treasure as a kid.

"The book is set in Norway in 1940, and starts out with four Norwegian children, Peter, Michael, Helga, and Lovisa playing on their sleds after school. Later, when the children are in bed, Peter wakes up to hear several men talking downstairs and goes down to eavesdrop. The men; Including Peter's uncle and father, need to smuggle gold past the Nazis, who have not yet invaded Norway. Peter's uncle, Uncle Victor, sees Peter and tells the other men that the solution to their problem lies with the children."