Diphtheria,cholera and polio vs coronavirus

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Stay safe!!!

NYT: Many countries suspended their immunization programs this spring because of fears that they could spread Covid-19. Now doctors worry that other diseases will cause widespread death: Diphtheria in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal; cholera in South Sudan, Cameroon, Mozambique, Yemen and Bangladesh; and poliovirus and measles in multiple countries.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My grandmother grew up on well water and was a nurse in a polio ward due to her natural immunity. I can't believe we're going to allow this to come back for something with a 99.98 survival rate and much higher for those under 80. Cholera is deadly and an awful death. What's next? Smallpox?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
This pandemic demonstrates why people should be allowed to purchase healthcare privately. Government bureaucracies codify ailments according to present and past diseases. It makes their treatment more affordable.

Hello. We don't need protection against present and past diseases. We've solved them. The worst threat is from future diseases. Evolution ALWAYS comes up with new pathogens to try and succeed in killing us after old pathogens have failed.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I didn’t get a haircut

I did have a lobster roll on Friday

today I will go outside to buy gin

if I can do this surely we can resume diphtheria vaccines in hot dusty places

just call it a protest or something

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD