Different strains....

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Who's developing the drought resistant strains ?
As a fast growing annual, weed just likes water...but water-efficiency is pretty easy to do and produces good results. These have been flowering for a month with 5 weeks to go and they are
only getting 100g/day for the whole bed...there are 288 1/2g/hr drippers timed to drip for 10 minutes every 6 hours...
z9j16s6GSeG9Pgq+4zFxfQ.jpg

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
As a fast growing annual, weed just likes water...but water-efficiency is pretty easy to do and produces good results. These have been flowering for a month with 5 weeks to go and they are
only getting 100g/day for the whole bed...there are 288 1/2g/hr drippers timed to drip for 10 minutes every 6 hours...
View attachment 132594
It ain’t braggin’ if you can do it.:jamon:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Low water?
Absolutely, "drought resistant" is an oxymoron as no weed plant withstands a drought for too long, it's either low water, or high output to minimum water usage. Like @Icu812 shows in his fotos.

I've had success using single pots and low water using seeds from sativa strains from the neighboring continent, Morocco and South Africa locally.

One Moroccan strain was super weird it grew with a flat stem along the ground, and rooted at each junction, which is also where a cola would pop up. It grew between 3 other big plants and I never once watered it specifically, it just sucked off the remnant water from the other 3. They look more like a tomato plant than any cannabis I'd ever seen before. Would love to get my hands on some of those seeds again, it made great hash and rosin.

:waving::shaka:

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I need some advice. Sometimes I start really early in the season, and the plant starts to flower. The sun keeps on getting longer, and the plant stops flowering. But now it has the staggered growth pattern, and not the desired side-by-side branches for full colas. What can I do?

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
I need some advice. Sometimes I start really early in the season, and the plant starts to flower. The sun keeps on getting longer, and the plant stops flowering. But now it has the staggered growth pattern, and not the desired side-by-side branches for full colas. What can I do?
nothing at this point. just ride it out and see what you get in the fall

photoperiod flowering types will begin to flower at 8 weeks if the available daylight is below their flowering trigger point and then return to vegetative growth as daylight increases toward solstice

in the future, if you are growing from seed start your outdoor later. new moon in march is a safe bet. or grow autoflowering type strains which wont reveg as daylight increases

Reactions: Senor Sopa

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
We always try to start seeds in March and even though the day length is short then they just grow, in fact we're hoping they show sex sooner rather than later. Clones will start to kick in if you don't either extend the daylight with some lights or interrupt the night with an hour of light in the middle of the night. It sounds like you have clones and what you can do is prune off the weird branches and let the rest grow.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
We always try to start seeds in March and even though the day length is short then they just grow, in fact we're hoping they show sex sooner rather than later. Clones will start to kick in if you don't either extend the daylight with some lights or interrupt the night with an hour of light in the middle of the night. It sounds like you have clones and what you can do is prune off the weird branches and let the rest grow.
From the pics, I am novice level compared to others here, just for fun.
From seeds. In NCSD, temperature wise, I can pretty grow year round.
I try to start something constantly, When the heavens align, I can start in early December and get some decent short season harvest in May.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
First time trying to grow. A lot of hiccups at first with heat waves doing their best to scorch things up at first so had to keep inside for longer than preferred. But have them in the grow bags with drip irrigation and they are doing much better right now.

Apple Fritter
1657047699335.jpeg

Hindu Zkittles
1657047717530.jpeg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My nephew doesn't know it yet, but when he returns to Texas after Labor Day his room is being converted into a grow room

• Haha
Reactions: Icu812 and Kento