Different strains....

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Indoor weed is like Miller Lite beer...

View attachment 130118

tastes great, less filling.

No amount of artificial lights recreates the sun, no soil mix recreates the earth.

:shameonyou:

@santacruzin the bro deal I mentioned is easily bettered by going direct to the growers.

Legal weed glut, causes basement bottom prices.

Just need to step outside of the dispensary and do some legwork. Or have kept in contact with your pre-legalization plug.

:shrug:

Like with eggs, go buy em off the grocers freezer, have some chickens to DIY, or have a friend who does.

Nothing has changed, really.
Two of the orig four will be going outside in grow bags and while I think the earth is dank, farmers have been amending soil for better results as long as there’s been farming.

Soil is gonna get recycled. Plants have been getting mycorrhizae, kelp, molasses and worm casting tea that I brew with an air stone when I water and for fertilizer they’ve been top dressed with bat guano.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Two of the orig four will be going outside in grow bags and while I think the earth is dank, farmers have been amending soil for better results as long as there’s been farming.

Soil is gonna get recycled. Plants have been getting mycorrhizae, kelp, molasses and worm casting tea that I brew with an air stone when I water and for fertilizer they’ve been top dressed with bat guano.
Beautiful!

Instead of worm castings, try worms directly. Just one of the many reasons direct into the earth's soil is best IMHO.

Personally, I invest the majority of my gardening time, say 80-90% in terms of workloads, before the seeds even touch the soil pre-germinated.

Loads of barranco soil (from several different sources, to ensure a variety of mineralization, drainage and overall composition) are shoveled, wheelbarrow'd and left to settle during winter. Likewise for the seabird guano, which I recollect from the cliffs scraping by hand. The organic material gets composted from our kitchen all off season long. The mycorrhizae is naturally present, from the last 16 years of amending the compacted desert dust/mud/volcanic rock with which we started. Some sun baked seaweeds, drenched in mineral water, make for the best teas I've found. Even bury fish remains after friends bring by their catch from the west side cliffs near my house.

These days, it's gotten so fertile I have mushrooms pop up in the winter in the shady spots.

Once the seeds germinate and pop, all I have to do is add water, and let those babies reach their roots out in search of whatever nutrients they may need. I've also noticed this method attracts many beneficial bugs to the area before the plants are even vegetative, to the point that no pesticides or mold/mildew products are needed during the grow cycle at all really.

:applause2::bowdown::applause2::waving::shaka:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That lamp will veg 3’x3’ and flower 2’x2’. It’s strong enough to start a bunch of plants and finish 2-4.

Your situation sounds perfect for a cheap grow tent setup.

View attachment 130114

View attachment 130115

View attachment 130116
This is epic, I want to do this as soon as my nephew leaves after Labor Day. He’s coming to live with us for the summer to get a proper grueling summer job in a restaurant, have a break from his loving but kind of intense parents, and have a classic beach summer like many of us were so blessed to have in our youth. Nothing better than surfing all day, make a few hundred bucks in the restaurant every night, rinse, and repeat.

so, I can probably order a turnkey little indoor operation like this online right? And then seeds through the mail?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
This is epic, I want to do this as soon as my nephew leaves after Labor Day. He’s coming to live with us for the summer to get a proper grueling summer job in a restaurant, have a break from his loving but kind of intense parents, and have a classic beach summer like many of us were so blessed to have in our youth. Nothing better than surfing all day, make a few hundred bucks in the restaurant every night, rinse, and repeat.

so, I can probably order a turnkey little indoor operation like this online right? And then seeds through the mail?

Click here Subway for grow tent.

Click here Subway for yummy seeds.

:beer::bowdown::waving::shaka:

Redeyes

OTF status
Jan 16, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Indoor weed is like Miller Lite beer...

View attachment 130118

tastes great, less filling.

No amount of artificial lights recreates the sun, no soil mix recreates the earth.

:shameonyou:

@santacruzin the bro deal I mentioned is easily bettered by going direct to the growers.

Just need to step outside of the dispensary and do some legwork. Or have kept in contact with your pre-legalization plug.

Like with eggs, go buy em off the grocers freezer, have some chickens to DIY, or have a friend who does.

if outdoor is so much better, why does indoor grown cannabis sell anywhere from $2-6k a unit, While sun Grown is less then $600 a unit?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

I am a long time rec grower with a ton of family and friends that grow. I don’t pay for weed. My friend dropped off 2 pounds from last year for me to smoke and process a couple weeks ago , the price was free.

I am not going to act high and mighty when someone here posts an oz for $200 they are stoked on. Thats lame and you are being some gate keeping stoke killer,

stop it. Not cool.

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Beautiful!

Instead of worm castings, try worms directly. Just one of the many reasons direct into the earth's soil is best IMHO.

Personally, I invest the majority of my gardening time, say 80-90% in terms of workloads, before the seeds even touch the soil pre-germinated.

Loads of barranco soil (from several different sources, to ensure a variety of mineralization, drainage and overall composition) are shoveled, wheelbarrow'd and left to settle during winter. Likewise for the seabird guano, which I recollect from the cliffs scraping by hand. The organic material gets composted from our kitchen all off season long. The mycorrhizae is naturally present, from the last 16 years of amending the compacted desert dust/mud/volcanic rock with which we started. Some sun baked seaweeds, drenched in mineral water, make for the best teas I've found. Even bury fish remains after friends bring by their catch from the west side cliffs near my house.

These days, it's gotten so fertile I have mushrooms pop up in the winter in the shady spots.

Once the seeds germinate and pop, all I have to do is add water, and let those babies reach their roots out in search of whatever nutrients they may need. I've also noticed this method attracts many beneficial bugs to the area before the plants are even vegetative, to the point that no pesticides or mold/mildew products are needed during the grow cycle at all really.

:applause2::bowdown::applause2::waving::shaka:
This is the way. Great advice it’s all about your growing medium

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Good call on the feminized.
https://seedsherenow.com/
Yeah I don’t want to actually do any work, like trying to pluck the young males, or fertilize or monitor too much. I want feminized, I want a big fancy light like that one above, in a tent, with 12 on and 12 off, and that one time use only fertilizer packet that has everything needed for an 8-12 week grow to harvest cycle

Reactions: santacruzin

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Yeah I don’t want to actually do any work, like trying to pluck the young males, or fertilize or monitor too much. I want feminized, I want a big fancy light like that one above, in a tent, with 12 on and 12 off, and that one time use only fertilizer packet that has everything needed for an 8-12 week grow to harvest cycle
12/12 from seed is doable

As far as fertilizer, organic only. Poo rules when it comes to taste IMO.

So my KISS solution is add some worm castings to your soil along with mycorrhizae, top dress with some bat guano once they’re not sprouts no more and then seabird guano top dressing when they start to flower. You could get away with straight water but I’m a fan of adding kelp juice, molasses and additional mycos.

From the seed starters to something Solo cup sized when you see roots and then 1 gal pots to finish.

Reactions: Subway

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I am a long time rec grower with a ton of family and friends that grow. I don’t pay for weed. My friend dropped off 2 pounds from last year for me to smoke and process a couple weeks ago , the price was free.

I am not going to act high and mighty when someone here posts an oz for $200 they are stoked on. Thats lame and you are being some gate keeping stoke killer,

stop it. Not cool.
Easy there hustler, I've been living outside the old Untied for a couple of decades now... how the Fook should I know what weeds go for, especially after the ridiculousness of legalization.

:socrazy::shameonyou::monkey::nana::poke:

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
But you felt you knew enough to tell someone they paid a steep price? :poke:
Well Jeezy Louise, it doesn't take Milton Friedman to get jaw dropped by one person paying 300 for almost 12 times the amount another paid 200 for, does it?

:monkey:

Subway any seeds you need from there lemme know, I can ship them to you from Madrid when I go up to check on our rentals.

:waving::shaka:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Well Jeezy Louise, it doesn't take Milton Friedman to get jaw dropped by one person paying 300 for almost 12 times the amount another paid 200 for, does it?

:monkey:

Subway any seeds you need from there lemme know, I can ship them to you from Madrid when I go up to check on our rentals.

:waving::shaka:
Well your friend paid 300X what I pay so I guess he’s getting ripped off too! :roflmao:

for $200 on east coast in an illegal state that stuff looked bomb!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit