Different strains....

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
as a poor kid in the 80s, I would be stocked to get a sack of decent mexi in San Diego. We would have to clean out the stems and seeds and then smoke out of a plastic bong or metal pipe - coughing the whole time. My senior year, someone showed up with chocolate Thai and that blew my mind.

So funny now to listen to kids half my age talk about growing during lunar cycles and doing yoga with their plants. :roflmao:
When I was in Indo this year one of the guys in our boat had a huge bag of bush weed . me and my buddy were the older guys and had to show all the youngsters how to deal with seeds and stems and roll joints haha.

all those days of smoking dirt paid off as they watched us in awe wait what are you doing with that shoebox lid…. Then the crew showed us all how it was rly done hahahahahahaha great times

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just tried an indica strain called cement shoes.

Man. It was crazy. Straight couch lock. Not a fan at all
The name should have warned you.

Cement shoes, concrete shoes, or Chicago overcoat[1] is a method of murder or body disposal, usually associated with criminals such as the Mafia or gangs. It involves weighing down the victim, who may be dead or alive, with concrete and throwing them into water in the hope the body will never be found. In the US, the term has become tongue-in-cheek for a threat of death by criminals. While a common trope in fiction, only one real-life case has ever been authenticated.

Cement shoes involve first binding, incapacitating or killing the victim and then placing each foot into a bucket or box, which is then filled with wet concrete (a mixture of cement powder, rock, water and sand), or even simply cement powder and water. Typically in films and novels, the victim is still alive as they watch the concrete harden, heightening the torture and drama.[2][3] After the concrete sets, the victim is thrown into a body of water such as a river, lake or the ocean.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Too many strains out there. New one comes along thats dank af and then you never see it again. Gelato, Ice Cream/Wedding Cake, Mimosa and Jilly Bean come to mind. Hope this Grapeology I just had sticks around.

But if you want the best, it has to be grown organically. Not sure who would win indoor vs out?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Too many strains out there. New one comes along thats dank af and then you never see it again. Gelato, Ice Cream/Wedding Cake, Mimosa and Jilly Bean come to mind. Hope this Grapeology I just had sticks around.

But if you want the best, it has to be grown organically. Not sure who would win indoor vs out?
I love ice cream cake. Been using that quite a bit

• Love
Reactions: Boneroni and Chocki

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

The best weed is normally grown indoors . The Biggest yields outdoors.
this is a very generic take and of course there are variable results

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You growing herb or coca with that? NTTIAWWT

oh and yeah birthday cake still pops up occasionally…is that related to wedding cake?

Dec 28, 2019
When I used to partake in the good weed I found the key is in the amount of THC, Sativa or Indica dominant - that’s what made the smoke what it was. It also mattered how much you smoked and if you had nothing in the belly. I agree with what others have said. The same strain can smoke differently plant to plant and harvest to harvest. The names used to crack me up.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Yeah, the names kill me...years ago we had a strain that we didn't know the name of so we just named it after where it came from--a trailer park. So we had people coming back really wanting the Trailer Park, man...we grew 9 strains this year, these from clones: Vanilla Biscotti, Marshmellow Cookie, Gelato 41, and White Runtz. Then these 5 from feminized seeds: Jelly Rancher, Vanilla Creme Pie, Raspberry Parfait, Blueberry Muffin, and Lemongrass. Haven't tested any of 'em yet but they all look good. Really like the Vanilla Biscotti and Blueberry Muffin. Prices tanked this year and a lot of weed rotted on the stalk, people couldn't afford to even harvest it. Meanwhile dispensaries are still getting good prices. Big corps can get by with 2-3% profit but not the little guys. We'll see where it goes...

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I don't like how the OG name gets tagged on strains that aren't part of the sfv, brought from the east coast, chemdawg lineage. Eg Skywalker og = blueberry x mazar

Reactions: Boneroni and Icu812

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Yeah, the names kill me...years ago we had a strain that we didn't know the name of so we just named it after where it came from--a trailer park. So we had people coming back really wanting the Trailer Park, man...we grew 9 strains this year, these from clones: Vanilla Biscotti, Marshmellow Cookie, Gelato 41, and White Runtz. Then these 5 from feminized seeds: Jelly Rancher, Vanilla Creme Pie, Raspberry Parfait, Blueberry Muffin, and Lemongrass. Haven't tested any of 'em yet but they all look good. Really like the Vanilla Biscotti and Blueberry Muffin. Prices tanked this year and a lot of weed rotted on the stalk, people couldn't afford to even harvest it. Meanwhile dispensaries are still getting good prices. Big corps can get by with 2-3% profit but not the little guys. We'll see where it goes...
Legalization hasnt worked so well for the long time smaller farmers. It’s sad and frustrating.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
The best weed is normally grown indoors
:shameonyou::socrazy::shameonyou:

I beg to differ.

Never personally witnessed/consumed any indoor that didn't develop a tolerance issue immediately, I mean right after the first session, needing to double up to achieve the same effects.

Outdoor on the other hand, gets you baked for months until the tolerance kicks in.

We had a saying for indoor when it first came around, it was straight from the old 7UP commercial, "tastes great, less filling"... Outdoor on the other hand, tolerance-wise, "never had it, never will".

:shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou:

By the way, here's a shot of my "quiver", freshly clean on post Xmas morning, after much usage and celebration since the soltice on the 21st...

20211226_085414.jpg
RooR on the Left, EHLE on the Right.
20211226_085423.jpg

RooR ready to roll....

20211226_085823.jpg

:bowdown: happy holey days :bowdown:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
:shameonyou::socrazy::shameonyou:

I beg to differ.

Never personally witnessed/consumed any indoor that didn't develop a tolerance issue immediately, I mean right after the first session, needing to double up to achieve the same effects.

Outdoor on the other hand, gets you baked for months until the tolerance kicks in.

We had a saying for indoor when it first came around, it was straight from the old 7UP commercial, "tastes great, less filling"... Outdoor on the other hand, tolerance-wise, "never had it, never will".

:shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou:

By the way, here's a shot of my "quiver", freshly clean on post Xmas morning, after much usage and celebration since the soltice on the 21st...

View attachment 121354
RooR on the Left, EHLE on the Right.
View attachment 121355

RooR ready to roll....

View attachment 121356

:bowdown: happy holey days :bowdown:
Somehow I pictured you as a G Graphics dude?

1640544207357.jpeg

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I had some Acai x Ice Cream Cake, runts....

The sativa with a bunch of Js in the name was good and the Sour Diesel 2.0 was good.

Right now into some friend-thrown Jack Herer from a dispensary in Florida, better than my buddy's buddy's Jack, and his Train Wreck was completely mental.