Different strains....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Never drove on psychedelics.

But I heard driving around with the windows open on a balmy night while on MDMA is pretty nice in a weird unexpected way.

It's a dosing issue.

People jumping in feet first with an eighth, or making tea, honey, etc. where what you're getting can't come close to being quantified can really set you up for nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, the popularity of edibles really boggles my mind. I probably had the most intense psychedelic experience of my life after eating brownies. Runaway train ride that just kept getting more intense with some serious distortion of time. Other than the first few minutes (however long that actually was?) nothing enjoyable about it, more like a bizarre nightmare until I fell asleep.

This was well over a decade ago and at the time pretty much everyone in my social circle was a heavy cheefer and somewhat seasoned psychonaut and I didn't know anyone who was into eating it, for most people once was enough and it generally wasn't particularly pleasant.

Also, head still seemed fucked for the next day or two.
Yeah I was way too impatient and went for the second cup of tea when I should have stayed put.

I've had people try to make brownies or give me edibles and I'm like, at least I get a sugar bump from real gummi bears WTF is this?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The acid we got was normally an 8 hour affair and I've never felt not in control. I never wanted to operate a vehicle or be alone in public but I never got caught. I actually watched a bunch of movies in the theatre on it including the Matrix which was a pretty badass experience.

Mushrooms was like 14 hours of uncontrollable intense waking nightmares and being too scared to come out of my room for like another 5-6. Way way gnarly for me.
The poison is in the dose. (I'm a lightweight)

When I took acid I always took a half a hit.

I figure my friends would go down before I did.

I could drink a lot on acid.

Mushrooms just make be laugh.

Ate a pot brownie at a friends house around the corner from my house and had trouble finding my way home. But I wasn't in pot smoking shape.

I hate drugs when you have to burn a lot of calories to self regulate.

I take (took) drugs to conserve calories when it comes to state regulation.

Last night, I had two glasses of expensive wine and a quarter of my girl friend's dead mother's methadone. I was the perfect way to end a busy day.of grading essays and going to the gym.

I actually got a second wind and graded more when I got a little buzz.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It seems a lot of people are into tripping at night and hanging around the house.

I don't get that.

Gimme a daytime trip.
We did acid in the day at Long Beach harbor, then we took my friends mom's sail boat out at night.

I drank an entire 12 pack during the 10 hours we fried.

I normally can't drink more than four beers.

It was fun.

I didn't feel like I lost control.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I did a lot of psydelics when I as younger .Like obscene amounts, we were trying to open the doors to new reality.
Definitely not for the weak minded , people with unresolved conflict or those who get paranoid and worry.
Saw a few friends lose their sh!t. One guy perma fried but he was bi polar already.

Chemist buddy gave me a vial years ago for helping him lay up some sheets. Man we could start a whole new thread on that process. I bet some of the old timers have stories.

II decided to use it to dose some sugar cubes for me and some friends. I was being a bit sloppy dosing the sugarcubes and then licked the sugar off my fingers without thinking about it . I then ate a cube for good measure.
I was out of my mind for a few hours then tripped for another 8 hahaha.

Ended up on a hike that day, we stopped in a clearing to smoke a bowl. I spilled some water then watched little luminescent spears of water turn into fingers on hand . All of sudden I was on a giant hand being carried beyond the valley we were looking at. I was aware of everything and it all felt connected, very peaceful feeling.
Such a good fucking trip!! craziest visuals ever. Now I want to take a dose!!

Oh and my friend said a lot of what's passed off as LSD these days are chemicals with similar effects synthesized from easier to obtain ingredients. He said he only knows 1 person who still makes legit stuff and he is in Europe.

I want to hear more stories!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Last time I messed around like that, I took a couple sugar cubes of acid, 1/8th of shrooms, and two strong ecstasy pills, at Disneyland on a hot crowded summer day. It was like completing the last level of the tripping game, beating the final boss. I'll remember pirates of the Caribbean forever. If not for the sane minded girlfriend death gripping my leg, keeping me in the boat, I would have been a news story. "Man leaps from theme park boat and joins battle at pirate fort, could not be removed for several hours"

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Here is another good one. In HS I had a half pound of shrooms, think I traded weed for them.
My parents both worked and were euro hippies so my house was party central.
One Friday we had a little shroom party at my house, think there were around 10 of us.

For some reason my dad came home early.
He was a guitar player back in the day so we had a full band set up in the garage.
Anyway pops decides to fuck with us goes in the garage and starts absolutely wailing psychedelic jams.
Talking to him years later he had immediately picked us all as being on drugs :roflmao:

My friend Mike for some reason was convinced my dad knew (well he did) and had a bit of a bad trip. He still cant look my dad in the eyes :roflmao:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Last time I messed around like that, I took a couple sugar cubes of acid, 1/8th of shrooms, and two strong ecstasy pills, at Disneyland on a hot crowded summer day. It was like completing the last level of the tripping game, beating the final boss. I'll remember pirates of the Caribbean forever. If not for the sane minded girlfriend death gripping my leg, keeping me in the boat, I would have been a news story. "Man leaps from theme park boat and joins battle at pirate fort, could not be removed for several hours"
disneyland trips are always crazy fun

candy flipping + hippy flipping hahahaha

Reactions: stringcheese

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I spent a NYE once at one of our semi-regular bars, with a cool little stage in a back room for bands and DJs. I was maybe 20...

Long story short, the bar was owned and operated by our Warlock friends. I'm sitting at the bar having a few warm up drinks, it only being around 9 PM on a night we knew would go until at least noon the next day (the bar got one of those "24 hour operating permits" the city gives out to many bars on NYE.)

Anyway, a Warlock (whom i didn't know) was sitting next to me at the bar and overheard me talking to one of the Warlocks i did know, talking about the blotter he had on the way to really kick things off. Anyway, the biker who overheard us turned and said to me "wanna kick it off now?" and he pulled out an eye dropper full of liquid LSD. "sure" i said, why not?" dude must have put 5 or 6 drops right on my tongue, and didn't ask for a dime (i bought him a shot and a beer of course). that sh!t was JUST starting to kick in hard when my other Warlock buddy walks up with a bag full of grass and probably 10 sheets of blotter and says "party time!" Well now. I wasn't about to disappoint a Warlock who had just come through with the LSD i had requested, so I bought a 10-strip and took a few tabs to the tongue. And then ecstasy and copious amounts cocaine entered the fray sometime soon after.

While the night actually remains fairly lucid in my memory, and i remember all kinds of strange and bizarre incidents from that 24 hour party, I will say it is one hell of a experience to be tripping balls and watch just 2 Warlocks beat the sh!t out of a group of 5 drunken obnoxious bridge and tunnelers, before physically throwing them out of the bar like an old Western.

Took DAYS to come down after that

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Because we only get one try at this thing. You can die having "Jedi flipped" at the happiest place on earth, or you can die having not done. :shrug:
Meh, maybe that means I'm not an addict. I really get no thrill from the idea of the "ultimate jedi trip". Seems silly to me. No offense though. Whatever floats your boat.

Sometimes I get the urge to smoke more than I probably should, but in overall very low quantities. And the needs of daily life keep that from turning into an ever increasing dosage.

Reactions: npsp

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Because we only get one try at this thing. You can die having "Jedi flipped" at the happiest place on earth, or you can die having not done. :shrug:
To me, another very real option in that scenario is dying WHILE tripping at the happiest place on earth.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Meh, maybe that means I'm not an addict. I really get no thrill from the idea of the "ultimate jedi trip". Seems silly to me. No offense though. Whatever floats your boat.

Sometimes I get the urge to smoke more than I probably should, but in overall very low quantities. And the needs of daily life keep that from turning into an ever increasing dosage.
I was something like 22 years old. Wouldn't do that today, no way :drowning: :roflmao:
Those type of drugs tell you when it's over, and they told me a long time ago "it's been fun, bye"
Not to say I'm not wired for addiction, just that I put my big drug boards away for good.

To me, another very real option in that scenario is dying WHILE tripping at the happiest place on earth.
I doubt I would have died in the worst case scenario. The water is probably only a few inches deep, and I'm certain the pirates are not firing live ammo.

• Haha
Reactions: One-Off and Subway