Different strains....

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Don’t eat as much. Don't talk about how hard it is. You’ve already failed by saying that. It’s hard at first, then it’s not. Even baked. All I’ve had today is vitamin d and c, coffee water exercise and a few puffs of hybrid oil for my boardwalk ride. Might not even bother eating until dinner. I used to eat thousands of calories a day without even realizing it. Although I’ve got my steamer all set up and a half dozen soup dumplings sounds fanfucking tastic right now. that will still only be 600 calories. Nice steak and veggies for dinner. That’s 1600 for the day, minus an hour of HIIT and strength work. Humans DO NOT NEED TO EAT A LOT. we evolved to sit in and around the cave resting for 20 hours a day, with a few hours of high adrenaline hunting or fleeing or fighting, or whatever happens to be on the days menu. Feast a few times a week. Most days eat sparingly and simply. Avoid sugar and just go easy on carbs. Not saying go full paleo and zero carbs at all. No need and no fun. Just in general.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Don’t eat as much. Don't talk about how hard it is. You’ve already failed by saying that. It’s hard at first, then it’s not. Even baked. All I’ve had today is vitamin d and c, coffee water exercise and a few puffs of hybrid oil for my boardwalk ride. Might not even bother eating until dinner. I used to eat thousands of calories a day without even realizing it. Although I’ve got my steamer all set up and a half dozen soup dumplings sounds fanfucking tastic right now. that will still only be 600 calories. Nice steak and veggies for dinner. That’s 1600 for the day, minus an hour of HIIT and strength work. Humans DO NOT NEED TO EAT A LOT. we evolved to sit in and around the cave resting for 20 hours a day, with a few hours of high adrenaline hunting or fleeing or fighting, or whatever happens to be on the days menu. Feast a few times a week. Most days eat sparingly and simply. Avoid sugar and just go easy on carbs. Not saying go full paleo and zero carbs at all. No need and no fun. Just in general.
Sans weed I'm the healthiest bloke around. But the munchies just hit me hard.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Thanks all for the tips on a vape pen.

Here's what I've learned. Please feel free to correct/improve any of this:

- Each pen has it's own proprietary cart system, so if I get the Pax Era, I can only use Pax Era carts.

- Buy live resin carts. They have no additives

- Using a high % cart will get you high, but the high will leave quicker than with smoking flower

- THC % is weighted agains Terp. %. Meaning, more THC, less terps = less flavor.

Am I missing anything?

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Is there something wrong with smoking the chron from a bong?
Due to the virus it is Proto pipe for me, no sharing joints. I've had it for 35 years!
I do like a hit off a joint but too much valuable smoke goes in the air. It was ok when you were 15 and smoking sh!t weed. It's a different story 55 years later. I only smoke quality and only need one hit. I love California!

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sans weed I'm the healthiest bloke around. But the munchies just hit me hard.
It’s weird about that- when I was in my teens and 20s the munchies were merciless. I stopped toking for several years, and Now in my early 40s I don’t get the munchies. And the once in a blue moon that I do, chances are I hadn't eaten in 18 hours lol. I wouldnt go so far as to say it’s practically an appetite suppressor for me now, but it feels like it by default due to the lack of munchies.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Thanks all for the tips on a vape pen.

Here's what I've learned. Please feel free to correct/improve any of this:

- Each pen has it's own proprietary cart system, so if I get the Pax Era, I can only use Pax Era carts.

- Buy live resin carts. They have no additives

- Using a high % cart will get you high, but the high will leave quicker than with smoking flower

- THC % is weighted agains Terp. %. Meaning, more THC, less terps = less flavor.

Am I missing anything?
Terpenes at least what I’ve seen on the fancy medical labels on all the curaleaf products aren’t given as a percentage, more as a “high terpene content” type of description. I don’t think terpenes and thc content are related. terpenes are a naturally occurring substance found in nearly every living thing, f the most common biological substances on the planet I think I read. Anyway, in plants, they are responsible for things like scent and taste. It’s why hibiscus smell good, and why rosemary tastes so good… So you can have a really high THC strain, but it’s terpene “bouquet” if you will, can be yummy or not yummy or anywhere in between.

your other points are mostly spot on. There are plenty of interchangeable cartridge systems, but there are also plenty of brands that have pens that will only work with that brands own cartridges

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
In fact, some of the very best tasting flowers I've ever had the pleasure of smoking have also been extremely high thc content. by the same token, the original blueberry which is still in very active circulation, is one of the best tasting flowers, almost like you cannot believe just how much it tastes like you’re smoking a blueberry pie, but it comes in at a relatively “modest” 15% thc count

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Yeah, I see what you mean. I read that it's different when you're talking about 85%-90% thc. Like, in that remaining 10-15% there's only so much room for flavor/aroma.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
How do you guys deal with the Munchies?!

I usually get 5 or 10g... it will last me for 1 or 2 weeks... I eat like a Mofo and gain a few pounds... then I'm off for 1 week or 2, losing weight because no munchies. Currently out, losing weight as expected.

But man, even when you know you need to keep your weight down, it's almost impossible to fight the munchies!! Normally I barely like any sweets... but on after some weed I need to fucking devour everything with sugar in the house! uncontrollable sh!t.
This was a tip from a friend: When munchies hit, take another hit. It works. Thanks, K!

Reactions: Subway

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Yeah, I see what you mean. I read that it's different when you're talking about 85%-90% thc. Like, in that remaining 10-15% there's only so much room for flavor/aroma.
Your numbers are wrong. No flower is 85%-90% thc.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
How do you guys deal with the Munchies?!

I usually get 5 or 10g... it will last me for 1 or 2 weeks... I eat like a Mofo and gain a few pounds... then I'm off for 1 week or 2, losing weight because no munchies. Currently out, losing weight as expected.

But man, even when you know you need to keep your weight down, it's almost impossible to fight the munchies!! Normally I barely like any sweets... but on after some weed I need to fucking devour everything with sugar in the house! uncontrollable sh!t.
Have the same problem!
I dont keep any sh!t food in the house. Fridge is full of cooked and uncooked lean proteins, veggies and good carbs.

Also I eat a HUGE breakfast which allows me to eat less all day and still feel sated. And most key of all drink a ton of water.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Terpenes at least what I’ve seen on the fancy medical labels on all the curaleaf products aren’t given as a percentage, more as a “high terpene content” type of description. I don’t think terpenes and thc content are related. terpenes are a naturally occurring substance found in nearly every living thing, f the most common biological substances on the planet I think I read. Anyway, in plants, they are responsible for things like scent and taste. It’s why hibiscus smell good, and why rosemary tastes so good… So you can have a really high THC strain, but it’s terpene “bouquet” if you will, can be yummy or not yummy or anywhere in between.

your other points are mostly spot on. There are plenty of interchangeable cartridge systems, but there are also plenty of brands that have pens that will only work with that brands own cartridges
Terpenes at least what I’ve seen on the fancy medical labels on all the curaleaf products aren’t given as a percentage, more as a “high terpene content” type of description.

Wrong. Lots of wrong thoughts here.thumbnail-2.jpeg

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
We are learning more and more about terpenes each day. While we know they do affect scent and taste.
We are learning they may also influence a strains effects.

I think t the terpenes work in tandem with the cannabanoids to produce a strains effects.
As any long time stoner knows THC is not the end all be all, something going on with the sum of all the parts.

And its a beautiful thing!

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
We are learning more and more about terpenes each day. While we know they do affect scent and taste.
We are learning they may also influence a strains effects.

I think t the terpenes work in tandem with the cannabanoids to produce a strains effects.
As any long time stoner knows THC is not the end all be all, something going on with the sum of all the parts.

And its a beautiful thing!
Agree 100%!

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
What I simply don't care for is CBD. My friend got this strain a few months ago... I think it was mostly CBD, we're talking 1% THC here.

He said he liked it because he can smoke during work and still be fine... I was like WTF?! You're fine because you're not high at all? Why smoke then??

This talk is killing me... My buds ended last Sunday... and I went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my monthly weed budget already because I didn't wanna risk running out while taking my 2 weeks off. Need to fight the urge to buy more until November which I doubt I'll be able to do.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
THC level is just that . The level of THC in the final product.
Dont think it effects the "room" left for terps.

Some Oil manufacturers will even add Terps to the final product.