Different strains....

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
K, I'm gonna take this thread elsewhere.

I've been having some big problems with my singing voice, and I need to mostly stop smoking for a while. Can anyone recommend a vape pen? Or what kind of oil/cartridges to get?

I've never done any oil or vaping and don't even really know where to start.

@santacruzin @Subway @Sharkbiscuit @stringcheese
I've tried every single different version of every pen, rig, attachment, etc...for flower, concentrates, oil...I recommend not fvcking with that stuff. It's not the smoke that gets you, it's the heat. Your throat will still suffer, so will your lungs. Like everything, people get used to it and stop noticing that it is hurting them.
Pax if you must. But you may as well just smoke joints.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

I've been having some big problems with my singing voice, and I need to mostly stop smoking for a while. Can anyone recommend a vape pen? Or what kind of oil/cartridges to get?

Don't really know shyte about this. I tried one here that I think was black market and was pretty unimpressed on the yew. Reading about some of the solvents and chemicals that might be in some synthesized oils, I'd be pretty fggn careful if I was you and maybe go edible...if that's even necessarily any better.

I sing like a donkey getting gelded so I have much bigger problems with my singing voice and they're mainly remedied by never, ever, ever attempting to sing.

Reactions: Boneroni

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

Tried an oil pen for a couple months... was really heavy on the throat, made me cough non stop. Maybe a proper vaper with real weed might be the best solution.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
the oil matters. Curaleaf's "Live resin" select oils are very easy on the throat. Get a battery that allows you to adjust the voltage down to the lowest setting, and just take 2-3 second pulls. it's night and day. Curaleaf's regular line of "select" oils make me cough for a few minutes after puffing. the Live elite resin is the way to go. And if you really don't want to heat your throat, turn the power down, and literally take 2 second draws, and do that a few times and you'll be good. A small glass of cold water to sip after each puff does wonders too if your throat is sensitive

You guys in legal or medical states should be able to fnd Curaleaf products at Curaleaf stores (duh) and MedMen carries a lot of Curaleaf products as well (at least here in NY)

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

My friend loves the west coast cure cartridges, they makes one that are live resin with no additives.
Super tasty, he always gets me to hit them before we skate and then I am in LALA land for an hour!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
the oil matters. Curaleaf's "Live resin" select oils are very easy on the throat. Get a battery that allows you to adjust the voltage down to the lowest setting, and just take 2-3 second pulls. it's night and day. Curalef's regular line of "select" oils make me cough for a few minutes after puffing. the Live elite resin is the way to go. And if you really don't want to heat your throat, turn the power down, and literally take 2 second draws, and do that a few times and you'll be good. A small glass of cold water to sip after each puff does wonders too if your throat is sensitive
Subway nailed it. Pay extra for the live resin the other cartridges have additives. They would leave me with a weird sore throat.

Reactions: Boneroni

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That Jedi Kush I've been raving about- pretty sure that's a live resin, with a fantastic terpene make-up. the taste is like heaven, no cough, and a phenomenal buzz

The thing I love most about vaping in general- I know it has it's health drawbacks just like smoking does (though arguably far less harmful than actual combustion), but with the oils, even the nuclear-powered 90% oils that get you so high you don't know your own name, they only last 60-90 minutes. I love that you can get rip roaring high, and know you will be sober and clear headed in less than 2 hours. Gummies obviously can last for several hours, and even a regular old doobie or a few bong hits- you're really high for a while, but you remain foggy and fuzzy-brained for a couple hours after that. the oil is like clockwork and i love that. I know i can take a few puffs of the 80% hybrid around 11 AM after working a few hours, exercise for an hour, take a sauna and a shower, have a light lunch, and by the time I'm at my desk again my brain is as clear as day, and even refreshed

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
LMAO I just stopped at 5th ave medmen to add to my Jedi council, and they actually LOCK you out of buying too many carts of one strain in a 5 day window (state reg I assume since it’s ”medical”). The guy is like- you can buy sativas, but I can’t sell you any indica or hybrids for another few days

so I left. I know some swear by Sativa but it’s not for me. Besides my stock is so stocked it’s not like I’m running out of anything anytime soon

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
LMAO I just stopped at 5th ave medmen to add to my Jedi council, and they actually LOCK you out of buying too many carts of one strain in a 5 day window (state reg I assume since it’s ”medical”). The guy is like- you can buy sativas, but I can’t sell you any indica or hybrids for another few days

so I left. I know some swear by Sativa but it’s not for me. Besides my stock is so stocked it’s not like I’m running out of anything anytime soon
Love Sativas during the day and Indicas during the night. Depending on the strain it's all messed up though... you'll get sativas that will put you in a couch lock and some indicas that well... will do the same. lol

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
if you like vaping dry herb check out the underdog, the guy uses a lathe and mills them out of various wood and has a heater core in there

much more effective than pax, one hit then cash it.
mines been on at my home desk running for about 3-4 years straight!

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
If this was a Porsche it could be my buddy Jed. Guy runs a huge business, houses in NY and Silicon Valley. Classic older rich white guy businessman.

Yet he fucking loves gangster rap and will rap word for word and dance like a fucking G .
Hes a big goofy white guy which makes it basically the best thing ever.

sending this to him now

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Fun with strain names....

Alaskan Thunderfook = Trueno Follador de Alaska. :shrug:

Gorilla Glue = Pegamento de Gorilas :roflmao:

Pakistani Ryder = Uno que se Monta a un Pakistaní. :dancing:

Wedding Cheesecake Cookies = Galletas de Tarta de Queso Nupcial. ;)

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Gorilla glue has stood the test of time I think. Been seeing it and Smoking it for what seems like 20 years? You west coast guys would know better how old that strain is

Reactions: santacruzin