Different strains....

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
I only smoke joints. Mine look so much better than this though. lol.

Years and years and years of experience. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but my spliffs are top notch.
Exactly this...all that other stuff is just so complicated...my son-in-law works for Pax, the company that makes the little portable vaporizer...works fine..I think? But only holds a little bit of weed...at one time I even had one of these...geez, so complicated...put ice in the neck, put the heat gun to the perfect temperature...what the hell, get high...I think...nah man, just roll a couple doobs, no matter what they look like, put 'em in your doobie case and get on with your day...
007kit.jpg

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Exactly this...all that other stuff is just so complicated...my son-in-law works for Pax, the company that makes the little portable vaporizer...works fine..I think? But only holds a little bit of weed...at one time I even had one of these...geez, so complicated...put ice in the neck, put the heat gun to the perfect temperature...what the hell, get high...I think...nah man, just roll a couple doobs, no matter what they look like, put 'em in your doobie case and get on with your day...
View attachment 117956
Hail boomer well met.

I used to be able to roll a decent one hander. The rest is fluff.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Hail boomer well met.

I used to be able to roll a decent one hander. The rest is fluff.
I do enjoy rolling a dozen, even if they are misshapen little twigs, and keeping them in a rusted and dented up old aluminum cigarette case for spontaneous combustion. But I also enjoy the modern tech, oils, vapes, edibles etc. it’s all fun. Each format has its time(s) and place(s) for optimal deployment

Reactions: CutnSnip

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I do enjoy rolling a dozen, even if they are misshapen little twigs, and keeping them in a rusted and dented up old aluminum cigarette case for spontaneous combustion. But I also enjoy the modern tech, oils, vapes, edibles etc. it’s all fun. Each format has its time(s) and place(s) for optimal deployment
I'm not too fond of rolling them too much in advance (days). I don't know, the direct contact with the paper might dry them up or whatever.

I usually roll and light it straight away.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I love rolling joints. Years of dirt weed perfected my technique. Wonder if I can still do the one hander roll while driving. Way harder when you had to separate seeds at the same time hahahha.

Like sub said other methods are fun too. Not a fan of vaping or vape pens. Just my preference. Everything else if all good though!

A good friend blows glass and has been asking me to come by his studio.
I want to make a glass four footer and bring it back to college days. Ill post up whatever we end up making here.

Reactions: Subway and brukuns

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
My era...homegrown, Columbian, Columbian Gold!, Fallbrook Redhair, Maui Wowie, then we got ahold of some original Thai sticks...yo...
Remember this stuff?
I had this t-shirt. (this one might be a Crazy Shirts knock-off) Back in the day this $hit would knock your lights out.oscar_66041407023261.jpg

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'm all about function and stealth. Joints are too big and too smelly when not fully smoked.
I just use a small glass pipe.
I used to use a one hitter and then a glass pipe when living in CA... when in Rome...

Thing is... with a pipe I'm never 100% sure if the weed is done, so my last couple hits are always disgusting, pretty much lighting ash. I don't have that problem with joints.

I agree they are smelly after you put them out... I deal with this by smoking it all :dancing:. Maybe just a tip for a little later (I'm usually jonesing for more after 20 minutes, no kidding. lol).

If I roll with a bigger paper, I usually put tips on both sides and cut the joint in half (which you can do if you roll a perfectly uniform joint, like a mini cig). Lately I've been only using smaller paper... usually smoke it all at once (like 0.5g)

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I love rolling joints. Years of dirt weed perfected my technique. Wonder if I can still do the one hander roll while driving. Way harder when you had to separate seeds at the same time hahahha.

Like sub said other methods are fun too. Not a fan of vaping or vape pens. Just my preference. Everything else if all good though!

A good friend blows glass and has been asking me to come by his studio.
I want to make a glass four footer and bring it back to college days. Ill post up whatever we end up making here.
hahaha... that must explain why I'm so good at it. Was only introduced to proper weed in 2008 in CA... back in Brazil there was still none around, it took a few years before I managed to start getting my hands on some.

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
hahaha... that must explain why I'm so good at it. Was only introduced to proper weed in 2008 in CA... back in Brazil there was still none around, it took a few years before I managed to start getting my hands on some.
man when i went to brzil in 2006 i just didnt smoke the weed it was so bad. literally threw it away. had a well connected dude showing us around and he couldnt stop apologizing knowing what we had back in the states was so different.

the blow on the other hand was out of this world.

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns and Mr Doof

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
man when i went to brzil in 2006 i just didnt smoke the weed it was so bad. literally threw it away. had a well connected dude showing us around and he couldnt stop apologizing knowing what we had back in the states was so different.

the blow on the other hand was out of this world.
If you ever come, let me know in advance. My guy usually has some every 2 or 3 weeks (sometimes he has more often), but it's the best sh!t I've seen in Brazil by a longshot (I've seen others just as good, but twice the price).

He's totally into Santo Daime and he and his Daime buddies consider weed their Santa Maria or something. They are growers and they take it seriously.

Every now and then we get some nugs exactly like the ones in CA dispensaries (not so much care trimming the stems off though, weight is money after all and there's no quality control). But what we get often is usually pretty fucking good.

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
If you ever come, let me know in advance. My guy usually has some every 2 or 3 weeks (sometimes he has more often), but it's the best sh!t I've seen in Brazil by a longshot (I've seen others just as good, but twice the price).

He's totally into Santo Daime and he and his Daime buddies consider weed their Santa Maria or something. They are growers and they take it seriously.

Every now and then we get some nugs exactly like the ones in CA dispensaries (not so much care trimming the stems off though, weight is money after all and there's no quality control). But what we get often is usually pretty fucking good.
im sure its come along way by now, just with the culture of herb being more popular everywhere.

one dude we ran into had some hash which served the purpose for a day but only rolled it with tobacco which i dont like.. other than that i didnt smoke for 3 weeks. there was however no shortage of dudes on the beach in speedos trying to sell me cocnuts and "hydro" at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
im sure its come along way by now, just with the culture of herb being more popular everywhere.

one dude we ran into had some hash which served the purpose for a day but only rolled it with tobacco which i dont like.. other than that i didnt smoke for 3 weeks. there was however no shortage of dudes on the beach in speedos trying to sell me cocnuts and "hydro" at the same time.
Fuck tobacco. I think the only proper way to smoke hash, is with a hash pipe.

I remember back in 2010 when I was living in Santa Monica... there was this dispensary by the Venice Breakwater, and they had sort of a weed bar... totally illegal if you ask me.

Anyway, I was a regular! hahaha. Seriously, I would go everyday after work because I couldn't smoke at this place I was crashing. Everyone knew me by name and I even became friends with one of the "Budtenders". It wasn't hard to remember me because I was the guy who would show up after a surf and had to ask to leave my surfboard in a room before entering. lol.

They actually charged to use the bongs but I got it for free cos' I'm so cool... this budtender would even serve me some of her nugs when she got something that she thought was awesome so I could try it (I didn't ask anything, she would just be like "Hey Bruno, get over here away from the camera, I wanna show you something"...

That's where I learned how to properly smoke hash... a bong with a proper hash bowl... then she would use a fucking blowtorch to heat this glass pounder like thing until it was red hot... and then shove it on the bowl for pure bliss... dayum, those were good times.

There was this other budtender who was kinda hot, I remember her name because it was a weird one... "Sky". This one day I brought some weed a friend of mine had gotten in San Francisco, she tried it and was in awe... so she asked my number so we could talk later and maybe I could set her up.... Never saw her again.Later talking with my other budtender friend, she said that girl had been fired because she was caught exchanging contact information with a client :rolleyes:. That was so unfair, I didn't even get to fuck her.

One thing I remember fondly... you know those opportunities to say something so awesome that everyone will laugh and cheer, opportunities that come once maybe twice in a lifetime? Had one of those in there. hahaha. This dude was smoking at the corner and fucking passed out. I didn't waste any time to call out the budtenders out loud and say "I'll have what he's having". Epic. my life is so boring. :computer:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I'm not too fond of rolling them too much in advance (days). I don't know, the direct contact with the paper might dry them up or whatever.

I usually roll and light it straight away.
I just roll enough for a week or two. I only smoke a spliff a few days a week. vape is my primary go to

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
K, I'm gonna take this thread elsewhere.

I've been having some big problems with my singing voice, and I need to mostly stop smoking for a while. Can anyone recommend a vape pen? Or what kind of oil/cartridges to get?

I've never done any oil or vaping and don't even really know where to start.

@santacruzin @Subway @Sharkbiscuit @stringcheese

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Pax Era vape pen
Been using it for years
When I first got it, a big selling point was that it looked like a regular vape pen, not a pot vape pen, so using it in public without it look like I was smoking pot mattered
Now I just like it

Reactions: Boneroni