Different strains....

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
I'm looking for illumination from the erBB botanists.
Why is the same strain of weed, grown by different growers, so different?

I had some "ice cream cake" by the Local brand. Then, the exact same strain from a different grower, and the two looked and tasted NOTHING alike. What am I missing here?
Maybe one bud was more mature than the other. My guess is the longer it flowers the more potency.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Blueberry will always hold a dear place in my heart. One of the yummiest strains we could get from the nyc delivery services with any regularity in the late 90s. And you could tell so easily by the look and smell (and the price :foreheadslap:) $60 for 2.8 grams. To think I can walk into medmen and get 7g of wapahh for 75 lol. And even that is considered expensive by today’s standards
Ever try "flo"? The seed from the blueberry breeding that came out more on the "sativa", or showing more Thai in this case I guess, character.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Thanks guys for all the answers and stories!

here’s the ice cream cake I’ve been loving.
1st batch I tried months ago was less dense with more purple on the outside. These last couple 1/4’s break Apart almost like it’s freeze dried, and the purple lives inside the bud. Weird. Still yummy though
0E9AB301-431C-4366-B3C3-F1126F5B3938.jpeg
E8AE2854-E272-40BF-B44A-6A7356964EA7.jpeg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Funny enough, I was worried if you'd gotten your stash or not. Well, "worried"... More like, "wonder if Simon got his buds" when burning my own...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I gave my tailor a spliff (which was rolled as well as I could) as a little tip / thank you gift a couple weeks ago. Went in yesterday to get a couple of winter coats taken in, and he looks me right in the eye with his kind, soulful gaze, and in his nearly shamanic voice, says to me “Subway, thank you again for the generous and delicious gift, but I’m sorry to say…<pause for effect> you roll a terrible joint” and we laughed and I was like “I’ve been rolling goofy, lopsided, pregnant looking joints for nigh on 30 years now, ain’t gonna get any better if it hasn’t happened by now. In fact I take a perverse pride at just how bad I am at rolling despite decades of practice”

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I gave my tailor a spliff (which was rolled as well as I could) as a little tip / thank you gift a couple weeks ago. Went in yesterday to get a couple of winter coats taken in, and he looks me right in the eye with his kind, soulful gaze, and in his nearly shamanic voice, says to me “Subway, thank you again for the generous and delicious gift, but I’m sorry to say…<pause for effect> you roll a terrible joint” and we laughed and I was like “I’ve been rolling goofy, lopsided, pregnant looking joints for nigh on 30 years now, ain’t gonna get any better if it hasn’t happened by now. In fact I take a perverse pride at just how bad I am at rolling despite decades of practice”
Buy a bag of Top. Roll the whole bag into cigarettes. Give them away to homeless. You will never roll a shitty joint again.

Reactions: santacruzin

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I can roll tobacco far better than even the finest ground flower. I just cannot do it. I mean, they smoke just fine, they don’t canoe or burn poorly, and after the first 1/4 has been burned, by then it looks like a nicely shaped cone.

oh and FTR I like the hand out to the homeless idea.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
I suggest learning how to roll with Club no-glue papers. They're tricky without the glue but they are super clean papers and they allow you to really taste the 'strain'. Trick is you have to tear the edge before you 'wet it and stick it' so to speak..

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Nope!! I take dabs with this electric temp controlled rig
View attachment 117841
Alcohol my friend. Alcohol.

I simply cannot wrap my lips around such filth!

:shameonyou:

That'll make you sick, eventually.

Clean glass, only way to go. Change water every three tokes MAX!
Clean daily.

:waving::shaka:

Subway, there's the little cigarette roling machines, they roll a perfect doob. Also, the PPK method, sushi rolling mats.

:shrug:

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Subway I have a great friend who has MS. He used weed to control his condition. Half my grow every year goes to him.

Due to his condition he can’t roll good joints anymore. he bought a machine that rolls perfect joints for him,
crazy looking thing. Like the rinsekit of joint rolling hahahahah let me see if I can find a link