Different strains....

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We took a drive through wine country up there, and I wanted to see the prison, and weed maps also showed about 27 pot shops in the 6 square blocks of downtown Lompoc. Kind of cool seeing prisoners just out gardening and playing soccer and hanging without walls or fences. Couple of guards just hanging out. Some of them even waved as we did a loop around that main entrance.

also kind of fun for this product of the 90s to be driving around prison grounds with a few ounces of pot in the truck

twas a beautiful day trip

E6E3E073-80E6-44BE-A6C0-740A35FCA446.jpeg

2FD1CF6C-7CBD-42B2-99C5-00EC5CBB2C99.jpeg
1B1A0401-04CD-48A6-8C95-6B4EF66348D4.jpeg

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Ah yes. SB wine country is great, and I barely even drink. I'm always up for going when my wife suggests it.
Every bit as good as Napa, but for different reasons.
Did you make it to Los Olivos? Cool little town with great restaurants.
How about Demetria Winery? Kinda have to know it's there, but it's owned by a South Bay family and it has an awesome view, and the service is great. I got an education in wine and the guy wasn't the least bit snooty, considering I know nothing about the subject.
To keep it weed related, there was some great guerilla grown outdoor from there in the early 90s. Don't ask me how I know.:shrug:

Edit: Just saw you went to Knife and Barrel in Los Olivos. Went to the best wedding rehearsal dinner ever at that place!

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
hell I haven’t had a drink in years but Los Olivos was gorgeous and the locals could not have been more friendly. Had a great time spending a few hours there…Felt like a cross between Montana and Santa Barbara. Pretty unique country for a wine region. Even more unique that it’s barely an hour from SB and a few hours to LA

shoot we were back in time for sunset dinner on the Pier in SB
EF00E4ED-09BA-40C8-9918-82E47F570BDA.jpeg

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
hell I haven’t had a drink in years but Los Olivos was gorgeous and the locals could not have been more friendly. Had a great time spending a few hours there…Felt like a cross between Montana and Santa Barbara. Pretty unique country for a wine region. Even more unique that it’s barely an hour from SB and a few hours to LA

View attachment 149108
Look me up next time you are in the area.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m signing and driving away a 2023 L Limited. The new long grand Cherokee with 3rd row. So sick. And with my leases trade in, I’m just paying taxes and fees ( inflated by a factor of 3 no doubt) but I’m happy.

I don’t know why I shared that here

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
I’m signing and driving away a 2023 L Limited. The new long grand Cherokee with 3rd row. So sick. And with my leases trade in, I’m just paying taxes and fees ( inflated by a factor of 3 no doubt) but I’m happy.

I don’t know why I shared that here
Because you're baked on some high grade?

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and Mr Doof

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Because you're baked on some high grade?
I actually went car shopping entirely unmedicated!! Normally it would be fun to get blazed and just play hardball and LMAO the whole time while the dealer gets more and more exasperated.

But today is a work day. I’ve been here for 4 hours now as they detail the vehicle and get all the paperwork and registration transferred etc. and I LOATHE working stoned.

also closed 2 small-kine deals in the time I’ve been here. And those 2 deals will kick off commissions in nearly the exact amount I’m about to spend on the out of pocket payment to drive this beauty home today

Reactions: Firebird

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

View attachment 149108
We go at least once a year. We stay at either the Residence Inn in Goleta or one of the places in Solvang, go on day hikes, eat really well spend a day tasting in Santa Ynez and Los Olivos. It's a nice way to spend a long weekend.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
We go at least once a year. We stay at either the Residence Inn in Goleta or one of the places in Solvang, go on day hikes, eat really well spend a day tasting in Santa Ynez and Los Olivos. It's a nice way to spend a long weekend.
Solvang super fun sk8 park and good eats in town after:shaka:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
We took a drive through wine country up there, and I wanted to see the prison, and weed maps also showed about 27 pot shops in the 6 square blocks of downtown Lompoc. Kind of cool seeing prisoners just out gardening and playing soccer and hanging without walls or fences. Couple of guards just hanging out. Some of them even waved as we did a loop around that main entrance.
A high school buddy of mine served 7 years in Lompoc Federal Pen starting back in the early 90's for smuggling marijuana from Vietnam to Northern California via a custom sailboat modified specifically for that.

They were anchored just off the coast in heavy fog waiting to be offloaded when they were approached by the Coast Guard. Evidently, they had been tracking them the whole way and were fully aware that the boat was laden with weed.

They escaped to shore in an inflatable and he eventually made his way back down to Costa Rica where he had been living for the past several years.

He was arrested down there on unrelated charges and sat in a Costa Rican jail for about 2-1/2 years until he agreed to be sent back to the states to face the music. Costa Rica does not extradite so he would have rotted there being a federal fugitive until he died.

He now lives in the panhandle of Florida and is a captain on one of the big oil rig boats in the gulf.

True story.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A high school buddy of mine served 7 years in Lompoc Federal Pen starting back in the early 90's for smuggling marijuana from Vietnam to Northern California via a custom sailboat modified specifically for that.

They were anchored just off the coast in heavy fog waiting to be offloaded when they were approached by the Coast Guard. Evidently, they had been tracking them the whole way and were fully aware that the boat was laden with weed.

They escaped to shore in an inflatable and he eventually made his way back down to Costa Rica where he had been living for the past several years.

He was arrested down there on unrelated charges and sat in a Costa Rican jail for about 2-1/2 years until he agreed to be sent back to the states to face the music. Costa Rica does not extradite so he would have rotted there being a federal fugitive until he died.

He now lives in the panhandle of Florida and is a captain on one of the big oil rig boats in the gulf.

True story.
That’s a hard life of (mis)adventure and it sounds like redemption? Don’t the captains of those things make like 250 a year?

although, any weed charge is retarded and shouldna been a thing in the first place. But sure seemed like lompoc would be a MUCH better place to do 7 years as opposed to many of the harder state and even fed pens out there. certainly better than dying of a parasite or cholera 3 years into your miserable sentence in Costa Rica.

Reactions: keenfish

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I found a seed a few months ago and threw it in a pot around the first week of November. Placed it by a window and let it do it’s thing. Here we are almost four months later And looking pretty frosty considering it was grown in a windowsill over winter. Harvest is looking to be about 3-4 grams :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 149223View attachment 149224View attachment 149225View attachment 149226View attachment 149227

True story.
Lucky he got caught in the states then vietnam:bricks:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
‘twas just A brief derailment. To keep it “strain” related we are sure to stop at a pot shop in Massachusetts on the way. My friends have never even been in one, let alone enjoyed the experience of shopping with a legit budtender. That will be fun.