Different strains....

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
OG is how you define it.

Read most Southern California seed companies description of "the strain", you get the Florida guy and the story you mentioned.

Look elsewhere, or have been in the game a few decades BL (before legalization) in Northern California, and you get the story I mentioned.

My story is from before Florida guy ever sowwed a seed, nor rolled a bone, however. Being he was born in Delaware in 1971, and the Ocean Grown definition was from the 60's.

Butt yeah, whatever, it's all stoner lore. Who gives a ratz arse... If the bud is good?

:shameonyou:

IMG_20200704_103256_503.jpgIMG_20200917_110644.jpg

1-) Vegetative state

2-) Flowering state

All 100% Ocean Grown.

:dancing:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
OG is how you define it.

Read most Southern California seed companies description of "the strain", you get the Florida guy and the story you mentioned.

Look elsewhere, or have been in the game a few decades BL (before legalization) in Northern California, and you get the story I mentioned.

My story is from before Florida guy ever sowwed a seed, nor rolled a bone, however. Being he was born in Delaware in 1971, and the Ocean Grown definition was from the 60's.

Butt yeah, whatever, it's all stoner lore. Who gives a ratz arse... If the bud is good?
yea and I heard a different talen from my uncle .. he’s older than all of us and has some famous strains he has created.
I have only been in the game for 35 years he’s got 70+ hahaha crazy old fart.

He told me some tale about old SC guys .The OG strain that got famous in LA is definitely from the Bubba and his buddies.
highly (see what I did there) likely that your story and volkers are also true. I have heard your story from another grower I know. He grew an insane OG strain and told me the same ridge story.

You are the generation before me and Volker before you. nothing new under the sun :cheers:
it’s all a big circle.

let’s do cookies next
:roflmao:

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The med men on fifth Ave May still have. I’ll report back Tuesday

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
OG is how you define it.

:shameonyou:

View attachment 117444View attachment 117445
your greenhouse is not fully sealed? What’s your bug situation like there?

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Mr. Doof hit all the right points...there are just so many variables within strains, where it's grown, etc. etc. Cracks me up that there are so many OG cultivars...and now 'Cookie' ones too. I remember back in the '70s when my friends got some seeds from the Hindu Kush Mountains in Afghanistan/Pakistan...those females were unreal, we'd never seen anything like it. The buds looked like snails had been crawling all over them. Would love to get some of those seeds again and I'm sure people do get them. Back then it was easier to do. We also had a Chilean strain that was amazing...little buds would grow on the stems of the water leaves. Stony with a way different smell. Here are a couple photos of a couple strains we're getting ready to harvest. These were originally from a place that makes tissue culture clones, which basically means they were created in a petri dish. Sorta eliminates the PM/bugs issues.
Beautiful hard, greasy Vanilla Biscotti:
a31N7qvwQe2Y8mtMRPZvwg.jpg

White Runtz, also hard and greasy (that's what she said):
p8cJn0N9SN6N3J4MtToisw.jpg

Love this time of year (now if we could only get one of those early 10@17 swells).

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Blueberry will always hold a dear place in my heart. One of the yummiest strains we could get from the nyc delivery services with any regularity in the late 90s. And you could tell so easily by the look and smell (and the price :foreheadslap:) $60 for 2.8 grams. To think I can walk into medmen and get 7g of wapahh for 75 lol. And even that is considered expensive by today’s standards

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
Blueberry will always hold a dear place in my heart. One of the yummiest strains we could get from the nyc delivery services with any regularity in the late 90s. And you could tell so easily by the look and smell (and the price :foreheadslap:) $60 for 2.8 grams. To think I can walk into medmen and get 7g of wapahh for 75 lol. And even that is considered expensive by today’s standards
this mornings blueberry pron for ya

FFBE63FC-63C0-4252-B809-FFF4AFEA21E8.jpeg