Didn't anyone from the erBB tell Bobby Martinez that you can't surf a twin backside?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Funny bezt waves I scored so far since I got my Alpha Omega have been backside up North:)

Reactions: jkb

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Archer, not arrow. LOL.
in addition to fin placement, I bet that tips of that tail is at least a couple inches narrower that the wide swallow-tailed classic keel fishes that can spin out on my bside.

Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
LOL. Twins are so hot right now. As Chandler might say:
twins are having fun!!
It’s funny, coming off thrusters for 20 years, I’ve generally gone from twins back to quads the last couple years. But I do love both. Speed is fun!!

Reactions: jkb and JDJ

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
a while ago i was complaining to retodd about twin fishes being weird on the backhand and he said it's not a twin fin thing but a wide tail thing.

and he was right of course. i have a bunch of reasonably narrow twins and they all go great on the backhand.

bobby looks great on that fishbeer. i mean, he always looks great but it looks like he's getting better release off the top than on his quads.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
It seems like an easy outline for HPSB thruster guys to jump on without much adjustment and get in on the twin "trend". CI must be selling a ton. I see 1 or 2 of those at every break lately. Maybe the imminent Bobby Quad (Stretch knockoff) may spark a quad "trend" once the CI team surf it all over instagram

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
a while ago i was complaining to retodd about twin fishes being weird on the backhand and he said it's not a twin fin thing but a wide tail thing.

and he was right of course. i have a bunch of reasonably narrow twins and they all go great on the backhand.

bobby looks great on that fishbeer. i mean, he always looks great but it looks like he's getting better release off the top than on his quads.
I am not so sure about that because all three of my buzz boards: gbuzz, superbuzz, and buzzsaw(most pulled) ride equal fs as bs but might help ride all as quads and may be a thruster thing?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I am not so sure about that because all three of my buzz boards: gbuzz, superbuzz, and buzzsaw(most pulled) ride equal fs as bs but might help ride all as quads and may be a thruster thing?
maybe i just suck backside:foreheadslap:

feels like I overpower wide tailed twins on the backhand. I also had that experience with quad Stamps WTF and to a lesser extent the Stretch Quadfish.

easier for me to finesse the toe edge on a wide tailed board for sure.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
maybe i just suck backside:foreheadslap:

feels like I overpower wide tailed twins on the backhand. I also had that experience with quad Stamps WTF and to a lesser extent the Stretch Quadfish.

easier for me to finesse the toe edge on a wide tailed board for sure.
Oh over power is different or to me then not being able to ride bs and easy enough to correct by maybe smoking a bowl or two before you go out or not your thing maybe wear front zip vest and trunks over your suit:)

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto

Late 70's, single fin days, there was a model called the Rocket Fish. One guy in my hood had one, he ripped and was better than all of us. Lived on the cliff, parents were loaded, I doubt he even surfs any more. Shane Stewart, :shaka:

Reactions: Aruka