Did William B. Taylor just end Trumby's presidumbcy?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Holding up aid to personally benefit a president and his political ambitions.

Someone tell me how this is in America's interests.

“During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had with Mr. Yermak at [a meeting in] Warsaw,” Taylor said. “Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation.” (Zelenskyy, the spelling used by Taylor in his written remarks, is the preferred spelling in Ukraine.)

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Sure.....they wanted no record or transcript of these totally above-board activities they were carrying out.

“Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations — in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance,” Taylor said. “He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy ‘in a public box’ by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.”

“I sense something odd when Ambassador Sondland told me on June 28 that he did not wish to include most of the regular interagency participants in a call planned with President Zelenskyy later that day,” Taylor says. “Ambassador Sondland, Ambassador Volker, Secretary Perry, and I were on this call, dialing in from different locations. However, Ambassador Sondland said that he wanted to make sure no one was transcribing or monitoring as they added President Zelenskyy to the call.”

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So you guys don't think congress should have the power to check the president no more?

Isn't this what the founding fathers wanted?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I posted a thread about constitutional originalism yesterday. Nobody cared to comment.
I don't care that Trump is running roughshod over norms. What do you think is going to happen as the death rate of white males without a college education continues to increase and the rural/urban economic opportunity divide gets worse and the percentage of the white/evangelical population continues to decline?

Do you think there will be more jews will not replace us marches, or do you think we'll get to watch President O'Rourke send in AG Ilhan Omar to grab everyone's AR-15s and turn their homes into Branch Davidian trash fires if they get uppity?

We'll need an excuse to tell the courts packed with McConnell-confirmed pieces of sh!t to GFY. This is a perfect excuse.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Okay, the charge is that Trump Told Ukraine's president if Ukraine's president did not agree to investigate Biden's son being bribed then Trump would withhold some portion of U.S. aid.

1. The two presidents' conversation was a private telephone conversation which Taylor could not have witnessed. I haven't heard anyone, much less Taylor, say they were a direct witness to the conversation.

2. Trump did not demand that anyone be fired, as Biden did. He requested a criminal i-n-v-e-s-t-i--g-a-t-i-o-n.

3. Quid pro quo means paid for and received. So the charges of quid pro quo mean that Trump denied economic aid to Ukraine. If Trump did actually do this then.....

......HellOooooo. That's within the president's authority. Every year presidents grant and deny foreign aid based on actions of a foreign country.

The Democrat party paid a British spy to dig up dirt on Trump. Some of us seem to be very choosy about which foreign actions are correct, and which ones are incorrect.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I don't care that Trump is running roughshod over norms. What do you think is going to happen as the death rate of white males without a college education continues to increase and the rural/urban economic opportunity divide gets worse and the percentage of the white/evangelical population continues to decline?

Do you think there will be more jews will not replace us marches, or do you think we'll get to watch President O'Rourke send in AG Ilhan Omar to grab everyone's AR-15s and turn their homes into Branch Davidian trash fires if they get uppity?

We'll need an excuse to tell the courts packed with McConnell-confirmed pieces of sh!t to GFY. This is a perfect excuse.

I get your point but I think there should be a baseline that constitutes acceptable and unacceptable behavior, otherwise you have complete chaos which attracts even more opportunistic socio- and psychopaths to politics than we already have.

But yes.....point well-taken about the decline of evangelicals, non college-educated folks, etc. Maybe politics will be a kinder, gentler place when women are running the show. Or maybe it will just get worse.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
1. I get your point but I think there should be a baseline that constitutes acceptable and unacceptable behavior, otherwise you have complete chaos which attracts even more opportunistic socio- and psychopaths to politics than we already have.

2. But yes.....point well-taken about the decline of evangelicals, non college-educated folks, etc. Maybe politics will be a kinder, gentler place when women are running the show. Or maybe it will just get worse.
1. Yeah okay but there isn't a baseline, so enough with the bullshit. Hit Gaetz over the head with a chair and beat him until he's brain damaged and we can have Schiavo round 2.

2. We'll have a kinder, gentler Janet Reno machine gun hand.

Reactions: hal9000

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

You always have a way of putting a positive spin on thinks.

Thanks!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
1. Yeah okay but there isn't a baseline, so enough with the bullshit. Hit Gaetz over the head with a chair and beat him until he's brain damaged and we can have Schiavo round 2.

2. We'll have a kinder, gentler Janet Reno machine gun hand.

Firstly, you might be funnier than Kento.

Secondly.....in Matt Gaetz's case......I think the brain damage has already been done.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Kento I think is funnier but thanks. I just don't see this really mattering in terms of the Senate vote and again, unless you are jettisoning Pence as well, we're better off with Trump.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Okay, the charge is that Trump Told Ukraine's president if Ukraine's president did not agree to investigate Biden's son being bribed then Trump would withhold some portion of U.S. aid.

1. The two presidents' conversation was a private telephone conversation which Taylor could not have witnessed. I haven't heard anyone, much less Taylor, say they were a direct witness to the conversation.

2. Trump did not demand that anyone be fired, as Biden did. He requested a criminal i-n-v-e-s-t-i--g-a-t-i-o-n.

3. Quid pro quo means paid for and received. So the charges of quid pro quo mean that Trump denied economic aid to Ukraine. If Trump did actually do this then.....

......HellOooooo. That's within the president's authority. Every year presidents grant and deny foreign aid based on actions of a foreign country.

The Democrat party paid a British spy to dig up dirt on Trump. Some of us seem to be very choosy about which foreign actions are correct, and which ones are incorrect.
Yes, the Democratic party paid for opposition research on a political opponents.

The Ukraine deal was support to a foreign ally with bipartisan approval, signed off by Congress and the POTUS, which he decided to use for his own personal benefit.

He attempted to condition this funding on Zelenskyy publicly stating he would investigate a conspiracy theory designed to harm the POTUS's #1 2020 challenger.

This is the stuff he's trying to pull in broad daylight.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kento I think is funnier but thanks. I just don't see this really mattering in terms of the Senate vote and again, unless you are jettisoning Pence as well, we're better off with Trump.
Thanks - you are really damn funny in your right and force me to have to up my game. The lack of surf helps fuel it.

Now that that mutual asskissing is over, how great would it be to see everyone's heads explode if Pelosi assumed the presidency and started dropping executive orders like it was going out of style:

Shipping the SF street poo to Alabama so they can fertilize their kudzu would be a good one to start with.
Using red state trailer parks as homeless shelters (a lot less than a billion dollars). The drug use statistics wouldn't change. Easy assimilation.

I am sure we can think of some more fun potential EOs to make America great again.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's crazy how these nuts got into power.
On a scale of 1 to DiscoTex how crazy?

It doesn’t really matter though. What matters more, at least to me, is the lack of forward movement by the DNC. Kicking DT to the curb isn’t the same as running a candidate that wins in 2020 on a platform other than NABA that asshole Trump.