Did Twitter Interfere in the 2016, 2018 and 2020 elections?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
No, you can only see photos of certain items from Hunter Biden's laptop that Rudy Giuliani and Rupert Murdoch calculated benefit Trump if you see them.

Unless you're working the case, you work for a media outlet who has been given a copy of the unmodified copy of the hard drive, or you're on the Wilmington Grand Jury that subpoena'd the fucking thing in the first place.

You can see the con happening here in real time: it's acknowledged that this is Hunter Biden's laptop because only in November 2022 did a news outlet get an unmodified copy.

Immediately the assertion is made that the NY Post story from 2020 is completely accurate, when it's probably almost entirely claims based on after-the-fact shithousing by someone who is friends with Giuliani's nephew who has a MAGA hat and a job with Geek Squad.
No, you can only see photos of certain items from Hunter Biden's laptop that Rudy Giuliani and Rupert Murdoch calculated benefit Trump if you see them.

Unless you're working the case, you work for a media outlet who has been given a copy of the unmodified copy of the hard drive, or you're on the Wilmington Grand Jury that subpoena'd the fucking thing in the first place.

You can see the con happening here in real time: it's acknowledged that this is Hunter Biden's laptop because only in November 2022 did a news outlet get an unmodified copy.

Immediately the assertion is made that the NY Post story from 2020 is completely accurate, when it's probably almost entirely claims based on after-the-fact shithousing by someone who is friends with Giuliani's nephew who has a MAGA hat and a job with Geek Squad.
that's one of the problems with hasty generalizations.

stupid people are fooled by them all the time

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
true - but many use it to get all their news along with fb - that's just a reality
makes no difference.

If the FBI wanted to kill a story, the last place they'd go is to a platform that has nothing to do with writing the story.

Did Parler run the Post story? Did Gab allow links? Was it on Fox News and Breitbart and Newsmax and ZeroHedge and a thousand other sites? Of course it was.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
You knew about it but those of us here probably all have a keen interest in politics unlike the average American.
I knew about it, but I listen to all those "conspiracy theorist" and yes the NYPost got it out somewhat.
But those who spoke of it or posted links etc were kicked off of Twit, FB etc so most average news consumers or especially those that lean left heard nothing.
If they did they heard that it was all a scam, and Russian disinfo and 51 intelligence experts said so! (quote from the mighty Brandon)
The NYPost starting writing about it on October 22, 2020
NYtimes covered it the same day
WaPo as well

it was shared widely across the internet.

Twitter is not significant beyond your opinion on how they handled the treatment of related posts. Do you really think that you know much better than anyone else if something is a scam, disinfo, etc.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I'm running out of conspiracy theories because lately they've all been proving to be true.
Taibbi tweet #10 - Trump asked for and received help removing tweets from Twitter.

Taibbi tweet #22 - No evidence of FBI involvement re laptop story at all.

Hmm.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Yes - He also launched crossfire hurricane - the "insurance" in case trump got elected
Of course now he is suing to get his back pay and job back
I didn’t realize Strzok launched Crossfire Hurricane but now it make sense why the right has had it out for the dude.

Regardless, it doesn’t seem like Durham found nearly as much wrongdoing as the Crossfire Hurricane crew did.

• Love
Reactions: sirfun

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
makes no difference.

If the FBI wanted to kill a story, the last place they'd go is to a platform that has nothing to do with writing the story.

Did Parler run the Post story? Did Gab allow links? Was it on Fox News and Breitbart and Newsmax and ZeroHedge and a thousand other sites? Of course it was.
It makes a huge difference.
they thought they would get away with it and would have if not for Elon.
The story was already written all they could do was throttle it and label it as "Russia"

"Build your own" all the lefties said (which control basically all media)
What happened to Parler??? Why???
It's all the same people who virtue signal all day that love them some censorship
Stick by them if you want I know it holds more social cache than being a conservative
But I don't care

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
It makes a huge difference.
they thought they would get away with it and would have if not for Elon.
The story was already written all they could do was throttle it and label it as "Russia"

"Build your own" all the lefties said (which control basically all media)
What happened to Parler??? Why???
It's all the same people who virtue signal all day that love them some censorship
Stick by them if you want I know it holds more social cache than being a conservative
But I don't care
At least we now know who the real fascists are and who shill for them.

Reactions: schex

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Next you're going to tell us that Twitter and big-tech didn't shadow-ban and throttle key republican voices over the past several years.
So that’s what happened to Trump’s big healthcare plan, it got shadowbanned! Along with all the party’s other big ticket items like Hunter’s laptop and Hillary’s emails.

• Love

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Next you're going to tell us that Twitter and big-tech didn't shadow-ban and throttle key republican voices over the past several years.
Keep crying you sore loosing scumbag, Your team lost because Trump was completely unfit for office,

• Love

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
isn't danny b like one of the most popular monetized voices out there?
i would guess the twitter shadow ban has helped him way more than hurt him