Did Twitter Interfere in the 2016, 2018 and 2020 elections?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Not unrelated. The FBI had the laptop first and knew what was on it then went to social media companies and asked them to squash any reporting of it when they found out it was going to be used as an October surprise through their likely illegal surveillance of Trump's inner circle.
So they definitely wanted to interfere but just in a really general and vague way.

But again, was the reporting squashed? Did the NYP not run the story and print it and feature it on their website and discuss it in every media outlet that would have them?

If the FBI wanted to kill a story why did they go to a news aggregator and not the actual news source?

PS - after his full review of the issue, why did Taibbi say he saw no evidence of FBI involvement at all?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
is there any proof the laptop is real?
Yes, it's definitely Hunter's laptop, but in the leadup to 2020, the only person other than the FBI who had a copy of the hard drive was a skeletal moron who said sh!t like "truth isn't truth" and randomly butt-dialed reporters and tried to mess with the data to make a mountain out of the molehill.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So they definitely wanted to interfere but just in a really general and vague way.

But again, was the reporting squashed? Did the NYP not run the story and print it and feature it on their website and discuss it in every media outlet that would have them?

If the FBI wanted to kill a story why did they go to a news aggregator and not the actual news source?

PS - after his full review of the issue, why did Taibbi say he saw no evidence of FBI involvement at all?
freedom of speech =/= freedom of reach.

You're incapable of intellectual honesty in any debate. To go down this path you're on is ludicrous.....but there you are.
what path am I on?

i'm not the one whos so desperate to see the contents of another man's hard drive.

I mean......I'm not judging you for it, but if it's d pics that you want to see, there are plenty of other places online you can go for that.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
everyone knew about hunter biden's laptop - it was all over the news and internet.
the story was probably amplified even more b/c twitter attempted to quash.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
FB and Twitter chose not to allow links to the NYPost article. The NYPost article was not prevented from being hosted on their website. :shrug:
So you get it. A true story that was not allowed on the farthest reaching media by corrupt actors.
The Post was also kicked off Twitter for the TRUE story

I would like a media that tells the truth.
Obviously the Fed's and Social media giants disagree

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
So you get it. A true story that was not allowed on the farthest reaching media by corrupt actors.
The Post was also kicked off Twitter for the TRUE story

I would like a media that tells the truth.
Obviously the Fed's and Social media giants disagree
Twitter is an aggregator. It’s not media. The NY Post is media.

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
everyone knew about hunter biden's laptop - it was all over the news and internet.
the story was probably amplified even more b/c twitter attempted to quash.
You knew about it but those of us here probably all have a keen interest in politics unlike the average American.
I knew about it, but I listen to all those "conspiracy theorist" and yes the NYPost got it out somewhat.
But those who spoke of it or posted links etc were kicked off of Twit, FB etc so most average news consumers or especially those that lean left heard nothing.
If they did they heard that it was all a scam, and Russian disinfo and 51 intelligence experts said so! (quote from the mighty Brandon)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Can we all see the contents of everyone else's laptops?
No, you can only see photos of certain items from Hunter Biden's laptop that Rudy Giuliani and Rupert Murdoch calculated benefit Trump if you see them.

Unless you're working the case, you work for a media outlet who has been given a copy of the unmodified copy of the hard drive, or you're on the Wilmington Grand Jury that subpoena'd the fucking thing in the first place.

You can see the con happening here in real time: it's acknowledged that this is Hunter Biden's laptop because only in November 2022 did a news outlet get an unmodified copy.

Immediately the assertion is made that the NY Post story from 2020 is completely accurate, when it's probably almost entirely claims based on after-the-fact shithousing by someone who is friends with Giuliani's nephew who has a MAGA hat and a job with Geek Squad.