Did Twitter Interfere in the 2016, 2018 and 2020 elections?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
A poll found 20% of Biden voters would have switched
NO find the poll yourself!
Haha, a poll found that?

I think what you're referring to was a poll by the Media Research Center, a very conservative media group, that allegedly found that 16% of Biden voters "who were unaware of the laptop story" might have changed how they voted. Unfortunately, nobody ever tells us how many Biden voters were actually unaware of it. If they polled 10,000 Biden voters and only 1,000 were unaware of the story, that's 16% of 10%, or 1.6% of Biden voters in the poll. If only 200 were unaware of it, that's 16% of 2%, or .32%. And of course, they never tell us what "unaware of the laptop story" means, but if you read up, it appears to mean they were unaware of the story as told as fact by them as they did the survey. "Did you know the laptop contains information showing BIden eats children? Had you known, do you think you might have voted differently?"

Lulz.

Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

51 Intelligence Officials!!! remember ho wmany time we heard that??? Joe could of just asked his SON - but nah just lie - probably gave him the laptop for his birthday

From the Fox story:
"According to a source, Chan testified that in those multiple, separate meetings, the FBI warned the social media companies that there could be potentially Russian "hack and dump" or "hack and leak" operations.

In their complaint, the GOP AGs noted an Aug. 26 podcast episode of "The Joe Rogan Experience," in which Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated that "the FBI basically came to us" and told Facebook to be "on high alert" relating to "a lot of Russian propaganda." Zuckerberg added that the FBI said "there’s about to be some kind of dump… that’s similar to that, so just be vigilant."

No reference to the laptop in that article other than allegations from the Republican complainants.

You'd think that if this info was there, Taibbi would have shown it. Instead, he specifically stated the opposite in his twitter dump.

Weird.

I'd also note that Hunter's laptop wasn't a thing until mid-October 2020. Why does testimony from August 26 compel you? Or was the FBI anticipating that a guy in a kilt would "find" another copy of Hunter's old laptop and give it to Rudy who would give it to the Post? If so, why didn't the FBI go to the Post too? I mean if you want to stop a story, you go to the source, not Twitter, which is basically just a news aggregator, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
friggin hilarious how the right has turned into the biggest group of whinging babies possible...every gd excuse under the sun for why they lose fair elections, scared to death of a bunch of trannies riding the Rainbow Bus, absolutely get their panties in a twist over the latest conspiracy rumor they desperately cling to like Trump down to his last can of orange skin spray...

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Haha, a poll found that?

I think what you're referring to was a poll by the Media Research Center, a very conservative media group, that allegedly found that 16% of Biden voters "who were unaware of the laptop story" might have changed how they voted. Unfortunately, nobody ever tells us how many Biden voters were actually unaware of it. If they polled 10,000 Biden voters and only 1,000 were unaware of the story, that's 16% of 10%, or 1.6% of Biden voters in the poll. If only 200 were unaware of it, that's 16% of 2%, or .32%. And of course, they never tell us what "unaware of the laptop story" means, but if you read up, it appears to mean they were unaware of the story as told as fact by them as they did the survey. "Did you know the laptop contains information showing BIden eats children? Had you known, do you think you might have voted differently?"

Lulz.
Shilling for the man!! Kudos Comrade!

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
From the Fox story:
"According to a source, Chan testified that in those multiple, separate meetings, the FBI warned the social media companies that there could be potentially Russian "hack and dump" or "hack and leak" operations.

In their complaint, the GOP AGs noted an Aug. 26 podcast episode of "The Joe Rogan Experience," in which Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated that "the FBI basically came to us" and told Facebook to be "on high alert" relating to "a lot of Russian propaganda." Zuckerberg added that the FBI said "there’s about to be some kind of dump… that’s similar to that, so just be vigilant."

No reference to the laptop in that article other than allegations from the Republican complainants.

You'd think that if this info was there, Taibbi would have shown it. Instead, he specifically stated the opposite in his twitter dump.

Weird.
Not arguing with any of that - but what do you THINK they were referencing??? They HAD the laptop and knew they couldn't keep a lid on it entirely

I'd also note that Hunter's laptop wasn't a thing until mid-October 2020. Why does testimony from August 26 compel you? Or was the FBI anticipating that a guy in a kilt would "find" another copy of Hunter's old laptop and give it to Rudy who would give it to the Post? If so, why didn't the FBI go to the Post too? I mean if you want to stop a story, you go to the source, not Twitter, which is basically just a news aggregator, right?
How did the FBI get the laptop???
They spied on Guiliani and some made up BS (later dropped of course) and knew he and who knows else had the data
Then they notified FB and Twitter that big Rusky disinfo was coming and beware!
The WH then touted the 51 experts BS narrative - and half of us on here still don't think it's true.
Tony Bobalinski ring a bell?
Corrupt is corrupt root em all out left and right

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
friggin hilarious how the right has turned into the biggest group of whinging babies possible...every gd excuse under the sun for why they lose fair elections, scared to death of a bunch of trannies riding the Rainbow Bus, absolutely get their panties in a twist over the latest conspiracy rumor they desperately cling to like Trump down to his last can of orange skin spray...
Tranny all you want. But stay TF away from children with any sexual anything.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
How did the FBI get the laptop???
They spied on Guiliani and some made up BS (later dropped of course) and knew he and who knows else had the data
Then they notified FB and Twitter that big Rusky disinfo was coming and beware!
The WH then touted the 51 experts BS narrative - and half of us on here still don't think it's true.
Tony Bobalinski ring a bell?
Corrupt is corrupt root em all out left and right
Actually no. According to links from GromsBerg, the guy in the kilt offered them the laptop and they said no thanks. Months later they came and got it.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
the underlying premise, that the laptop story would have swung the election, is laughable on its face

just another wild goose chase for the idiots
it's all they have :shrug:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
What I’m finding interesting about my twitter feed post-Elon is that I’m getting a lot of unsolicited conservative posts from people I don’t follow on my feed and don’t recall much of that in the past. People like Greg Abbot, Tim Pool,Tomi Lahren, etc. It’s almost half my feed. Would love to see some transparency about how that’s happening.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
What I’m finding interesting about my twitter feed post-Elon is that I’m getting a lot of unsolicited conservative posts from people I don’t follow on my feed and don’t recall much of that in the past. People like Greg Abbot, Tim Pool,Tomi Lahren, etc. It’s almost half my feed. Would love to see some transparency about how that’s happening.
as if you were streaming Fox News or OAN. and as if that's actually any different.:rolleyes:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
as if you were streaming Fox News or OAN. and as if that's actually any different.:rolleyes:
I feel like I’ve noticed it a bit over the past week or so but suddenly the majority of my feed is full of tweets by the likes of Matt Walsh, Greg Abott, Tomi Lahren, Tim Pool, LibsofTikTok, Glenn Greenwald, Trump Jr, Gym Jordan, Etc. I follow none of these people. I do however follow Elon and some of these tweets are posts he’s liked, retweeted or responded to which makes a certain degree of sense. And others it says are followed by other posters that I do follow. But why they’re suddenly taking up a sizable percentage of my feed doesn’t feel like an accident. I guess it would be too much to ask Elon for transparency why this is happening?

And yes, I am sorry this is happening to me. If it persists it only leaves me one option and thats to leave. And thats a bummer because I truly loved twitter for sports coverage.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Two totally unrelated events, lol. What does the FBI getting the laptop have to do with the FBI telling twitter and facebook to watch out for fake stories?
Not unrelated. The FBI had the laptop first and knew what was on it then went to social media companies and asked them to squash any reporting of it when they found out it was going to be used as an October surprise through their likely illegal surveillance of Trump's inner circle.

Last edited:
Reactions: schex

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Not unrelated. The FBI had the laptop first and knew what was on it then went to social media companies and asked them to squash any reporting of it when they found out it was going to be used as an October surprise through their likely illegal surveillance of Trump's inner circle.
Chump's FBI did him dirty? Is that what you're saying?