Did some of the surfermag forum soft-handers move to Texas?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Texans love Ted Cruz.

I like that ted is trying to be this cool crazy dude.

But he's still a total dork.
Actually Beto beat Cruz among native Texans, all the transplant deplorables put Cruz over the top.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Texans love Ted Cruz.

I didn't even think of Cruz. You'd think that would be enough to keep people out of your state.

But when the alternatives are Arkansas and Oklahoma...

It really should be Concorde-over Country.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Texans love Ted Cruz.

Yeah, but nowadays isn't that the trend? Maybe he doesn't have a hot Eastern European wife, but for the 1st gen child of Cuban dissidents he's made his way...by all accounts he should be an angry green-haired sissy defacing important paintings & supergluing himself to sidewalks, but he chose the "road less traveled" after clerking for Supreme Court Justice Rehnquist and working for one of the best law firms in the country. Props to him, the video is funny and everyone i sent it to incl my liberal-leaning artist wife laughed.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
It's such a weird thing to brag about moving to Texas and gloat how people are leaving CA.

Like that's a bad thing for Californians. :roflmao:

That will learn us!

When the kooks are all gone, it's going to be wonderful.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
It's really odd. Every single person I've met who's moved or wants to move from CA isn't even remotely like that. They all seem like they'd fit in perfectly.

It's almost as if they're pissed for californians taking equity to buy somehting really nice in shittown usa and they're pissed about the value increase so they need something to complain about.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, but nowadays isn't that the trend? Maybe he doesn't have a hot Eastern European wife, but for the 1st gen child of Cuban dissidents he's made his way...by all accounts he should be an angry green-haired sissy defacing important paintings & supergluing himself to sidewalks, but he chose the "road less traveled" after clerking for Supreme Court Justice Rehnquist and working for one of the best law firms in the country. Props to him, the video is funny and everyone i sent it to incl my liberal-leaning artist wife laughed.
I didn't think it was funny. And you said I used to be one of the funniest poster here.

So you know I am right.

Good comedy needs to be surprising and inevitable.

That was made by humorless dudes.

Too farcical, too over the top.

Farce is great but it won't work all by itself.

You need wit.

I've come to think that most political humor (left or right) is not funny.

Even Ted Cruz's Daughter Is Scared of Him

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I read where when Cruz was captain of the debate team at Princeton none of his teammates ever wanted to hang out with him or go have a beer or anything. He was useful as a debater but repulsive as a person.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink