Did Felipe Toledo get his ass handed to him at lowers today by a grom?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
if anyone wants to get technical, the grab is assault
Defensive maneuver employed by a small innocent child as a full grown man, a world champion surfer! A professional athlete! After this man attempted to assault this child with the lethal portion of his surfing board! All for one more wave. For one more wave he was more than willing to place this child's welfare into jeopardy. Wanton greed! A psychopathic lack of empathy!!

Why, why, why... this aggression will not stand man.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
told this story before but wardo coming at you on a big lowers set wave is terrifying
He was doing these frontside smacks and you could hear the board so damn loud. insert wardo smesh joke here

I never paddled so fast in my life

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
told this story before but wardo coming at you on a big lowers set wave is terrifying
He was doing these frontside smacks and you could hear the board so damn loud. insert wardo smesh joke here

I never paddled so fast in my life

I think I've told this story before, but his daughter, Malia, dropped in on my dad at Lowers. My dad was a pretty competent kneeeboarder and actually knew Malia when she was a toddler (mutual friends with her mom), but I'm sure Malia had no idea.

Anyway. Malia burns him, the old man comes off the bottom and basically sits her on his shoulder and highlines her out of the wave. Wardo was not pleased and starts barking at him. Allegedly, my dad comes back with something like, "I hope she doesn't drive like she surfs". Reminder, Wardo is like 5'7" 160, and never worked a day in his life. The old man was no behemoth by any means, but he was a career long Ironworker and there weren't any icicles around.

They go back and forth a little, then dad pivots and proceeds to gave the "My daughter is about her age and is getting ready for heart surgery. Cherish your time with your kids" talk and they bro it out later in the session.

That being said, I've never forgiven Shea Lopez for burning me at Oceanside Harbor in 2000

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I got dropped in on my Mickey Munoz at Trestles once. This was when 10 guys out was a crowd. He drove up in his catamaran with some bikini babe for crew, anchored, paddled into the lineup, and snaked me first wave came through. The whole episode seemed pretty cool at the time.