Did a section of trump's border wall blow down or not?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That’s a lot of words.

could you translate?

That thread started when Hal started it by embedding a tweet that claimed a piece of wall that fell two months ago on a windy day fell due to Hurricane Hanna.

It didn't fall due to Hurricane Hanna, and it didn't fall on/around the Hurricane Hanna dates.

I'm with you, that it boggles the mind the "win" is that it only took a gale to knock it down, vs flooding weakening the base/footer + hurricane winds.

But still, the news was not accurate.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah I know.

boring week that was hot as fck. Serfdoge and gdiddy provided some needed entertainment.

thanks doge’s!
When Jax BigData meetup had the cryptocurrency meetup, it was well-attended.

One guy who attends quite a few of the software-related meetups, he asked a good question of the presenter:

"What is it that makes Bitcoin the best-of-breed? Why not Ethereum. Why not Dogecoin?"

I forget what the answer was, but I remember, some point around Christmas 2017, if you had gone home from that meetup and bought 1000 dollars of Dogecoin, you would have had 4 million dollars.

Based Doge

• Love
Reactions: manbearpig

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I could give a f--k about an illegal immigrant getting a driver's license if they can pass the test.

If the person under 65 has an SSN, they're paying into it, and unlikely to get jack sh!t out. #Winning as the taxpayer in general. Losing if it's your SSN - which you have personal experience with if I'm not mistaken.

It's illegal to speed. The speed limit on I-95 is 70. I set the cruise at 79. Shoot me.
He, like my cuñado, fought the law and the law won.

Change the law.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He, like my cuñado, fought the law and the law won.

Change the law.
I'm not arguing against the law; I'm aghast that an illegal immigrant is "defrauding the system" in any consequential, meaningful way. A court date? A flight to Australia?? In the for-profit-prison capital of planet earth???????

If someone paying into Social Security, paying sales tax on items they buy, etc. is "defrauding the system", Jeff Bezos et al are raping the system up the turd cutter on an hourly basis.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm not arguing against the law; I'm aghast that an illegal immigrant is "defrauding the system" in any consequential, meaningful way. A court date? A flight to Australia?? In the for-profit-prison capital of planet earth???????

If someone paying into Social Security, paying sales tax on items they buy, etc. is "defrauding the system", Jeff Bezos et al are raping the system up the turd cutter on an hourly basis.
Defrauding the system was soliciting a ssn when he wasn’t entitled to one.

Ok. You wind.

Since you’re not arguing against the law, should or should not have the guy been deported?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The point remains that making exceptions to the rules that everyone else is required to follow amounts to picking winners and losers. This is fundamentally unfair to both the applicants who are qualified as well as the applicants who aren't.

If those rules are wrong then we can change them. But no matter what, the discretion that's involved belongs to us, not to the people who want to come here. They don't have the right to make these decisions for us and impose their will on us.

Build the wall. Deport them all. Then change the quotas, subject to our needs and interests. There are thousands of qualified applicants who are already standing in line. If we need more workers then let more of them in. If we don't need more workers then let them wait.

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The beautiful thing is is that you have no idea how stupid you sound. Build a wall (that doesn't blow down, presumably) and deport them (not Melania, presumably) all.
Literally ridiculous.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Deport her, too. As if anyone cares about Melania. She can take her anchor baby with her.

Sidebar: I wonder how many visa overstays we have on this forum?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The beautiful thing is is that you have no idea how stupid you sound. Build a wall (that doesn't blow down, presumably) and deport them (not Melania, presumably) all.
Literally ridiculous.
Who should stay? Who should go?

What other laws do you advocate violating with no repercussions?

Reactions: GDaddy

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Defrauding the system was soliciting a ssn when he wasn’t entitled to one.

Ok. You wind.

Since you’re not arguing against the law, should or should not have the guy been deported?
Maybe consensually fathering a child should be grounds for work permit or some such. An anchor nutting if you will. As the law stands he should be deported. I agree whatever his SSN play was, was illegit.

I'm just saying, this is about a .2 on the 1-10 scale - the wall, the wall falling over, a visa overstay working an honest job to support a kid he shot out his dick - I sure as hell don't blame him for trying given that obligation.

I surfed without a leash for about two months before today. Let me know when to report for the hanging.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Who should stay? Who should go?

What other laws do you advocate violating with no repercussions?
Lots. Speeding. Having to wait at red lights when there are no cars coming. Many, many more I'm sure.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If I speed or I walk outside to take my trash cans out to the curb without wearing a mask I do so knowing that I'm in the wrong and that if I get caught I get what I get. I don't do it with the idea that the govt has no right to punish me for my misdeeds because violating the rules is a human right.

And as I say, if the govt *chooses* to make an exception for me out of compassion or because they think I'm oh-so-special that is strictly discretionary on their part. It's not something the govt automatically owes to me just because I was having a bad day.