Did a section of trump's border wall blow down or not?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Man I’d be a little more pissed if I were you.

Its like having new windows put in, the contractor dropping the window during installation and having to get replacements.

but still sending you the bill for both.
“hey.....accidents happen”

but also.....

”i take no responsibility “

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Accidents happen. That doesn't mean trying to keep the illegals out is a bad idea.

Unless you want/need the illegals.
Gdaddy, stay in your lane. The wall blowing over wasn't an accident. Dropping your hammer or stepping on a nail is an accident. Not hiring an engineer and doing a soils and structural analysis is exactly the way team tRump behaves.

Reactions: afoaf and mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Gdaddy, stay in your lane. The wall blowing over wasn't an accident. Dropping your hammer or stepping on a nail is an accident. Not hiring an engineer and doing a soils and structural analysis is exactly the way team tRump behaves.
LOL at the people who scream about the proverbial $300 hammer but are now making excuses for contractors wasting millions of taxpayer $$$.

Because MAGA!!

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
I like it to the extent that it increases the level of difficulty for the illegals. It doesn't have to be perfect and I don't expect it to function as the one-stop solution. But as a force multiplier for the Border Patrol something is better than nothing.
When is that Canada/USA wall getting built?
Surely there are invaders who enter illegally, from up North, right?
Bet that they are white, though...

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
You sure do a lot of howling.

But hey, I'll bite on the issue of affordable housing. If we're going to put public housing for poor people out in the burbs, far away from all supporting services, mass transit and employment centers, then lets erect them right next door to the homes of the civic leaders who are volunteering their towns for those entitlements. There's no stronger form of leadership than lead by example.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
But hey, I'll bite on the issue of affordable housing. If we're going to put public housing for poor people out in the burbs, far away from all supporting services, mass transit and employment centers, then lets erect them right next door to the homes of the civic leaders who are volunteering their towns for those entitlements. There's no stronger form of leadership than lead by example.
Uh okay, child.

Why don't we built the Wall through your backyard?

How would you like that, huh?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Heya GDad,
i've met more than a few peps who over~stayed, like this dude did, back in '99,
and never went back home, what are your thoughts on these folks?

Irish immigrant’s arrest highlights race's role in deportation

John Cunningham came to Boston in 1999. Like many Irish immigrants to the US, he arrived on a 90-day visa for summer work. But then he settled in, worked as an electrician and ran his own company, remaining in the country without authorisation.
"All of a sudden you turn around, so much time has gone by, and you start to realise what is going to be in store for yourself for the future," Cunningham said in a March interview with the Irish Times.
On 16 June, nearly two decades later, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice) agents came to his home to arrest him. He was deported to Ireland on 5 July. Because he arrived in the US under the visa waiver programme, one commonly used by European immigrants, he had waived his right to a hearing.
Ronnie Millar, who runs Boston's Irish International Immigrant Center, thinks Cunningham's decision to share his experiences and speak out for the rights of unauthorised immigrants in the United States made him a target for deportation.
A warrant was issued for Cunningham's arrest in 2014 after he failed to appear in court on an allegation he did not complete work he charged a client for.
But ICE would only confirm that his arrest and deportation was due to his visa overstay.
Cunningham became the first high-profile Irish immigrant deported under President Donald Trump, and it's created a chilling effect in Boston.
"There were shock waves sent through the community, a disbelief that this was actually happening," said Millar, a close friend of Cunningham's.
~snip~

Like Jerry, many are hiding in plain sight, navigating a difficult world of privilege and panic as white, undocumented immigrants.
"I don't think anyone is outright targeting people who look like me," Jerry said, "But there's still a fear. You could be walking in the street and bump into the wrong person, you can get pulled over while driving, walk into the wrong building or show the wrong ID."
"Most people think undocumented and they think people who come across the southern border," Cunningham said in an interview with this reporter a year before his arrest. "They're not thinking about the Irish guy who lives right next to them."
Jerry, Millar and Cunningham all acknowledged that, as white men, they can fly under the radar of those who associate unauthorised immigrants with Mexico and Central America.
~snip~

I wonder if ya'll know some white, illegal immigrants...
Send 'em home, no?
:jamon:

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Heya GDad,
i've met more than a few peps who over~stayed, like this dude did, back in '99,
and never went back home, what are your thoughts on these folks?

Irish immigrant’s arrest highlights race's role in deportation

John Cunningham came to Boston in 1999. Like many Irish immigrants to the US, he arrived on a 90-day visa for summer work. But then he settled in, worked as an electrician and ran his own company, remaining in the country without authorisation.
"All of a sudden you turn around, so much time has gone by, and you start to realise what is going to be in store for yourself for the future," Cunningham said in a March interview with the Irish Times.
On 16 June, nearly two decades later, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Ice) agents came to his home to arrest him. He was deported to Ireland on 5 July. Because he arrived in the US under the visa waiver programme, one commonly used by European immigrants, he had waived his right to a hearing.
Ronnie Millar, who runs Boston's Irish International Immigrant Center, thinks Cunningham's decision to share his experiences and speak out for the rights of unauthorised immigrants in the United States made him a target for deportation.
A warrant was issued for Cunningham's arrest in 2014 after he failed to appear in court on an allegation he did not complete work he charged a client for.
But ICE would only confirm that his arrest and deportation was due to his visa overstay.
Cunningham became the first high-profile Irish immigrant deported under President Donald Trump, and it's created a chilling effect in Boston.
"There were shock waves sent through the community, a disbelief that this was actually happening," said Millar, a close friend of Cunningham's.
~snip~

Like Jerry, many are hiding in plain sight, navigating a difficult world of privilege and panic as white, undocumented immigrants.
"I don't think anyone is outright targeting people who look like me," Jerry said, "But there's still a fear. You could be walking in the street and bump into the wrong person, you can get pulled over while driving, walk into the wrong building or show the wrong ID."
"Most people think undocumented and they think people who come across the southern border," Cunningham said in an interview with this reporter a year before his arrest. "They're not thinking about the Irish guy who lives right next to them."
Jerry, Millar and Cunningham all acknowledged that, as white men, they can fly under the radar of those who associate unauthorised immigrants with Mexico and Central America.
~snip~

I wonder if ya'll know some white, illegal immigrants...
Send 'em home, no?
:jamon:
That's right. Send them home.

I had a friend from AUS who overstayed, got married, had kids. He got deported and he's never coming back. He was already fighting the deportation order when I met him, and he dragged that case on for years.

He's my friend but that doesn't alter the facts of his situation or my opinion of what's fair.

Reactions: ~rwright~

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's right. Send them home.

I had a friend from AUS who overstayed, got married, had kids. He got deported and he's never coming back. He was already fighting the deportation order when I met him, and he dragged that case on for years.

He's my friend but that doesn't alter the facts of his situation.
Wouldn't he have been granted citizenship if he married an American woman and had kids with her here?

Reactions: CutnSnip

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I don't know the particulars of his case except that I do know he had already been an illegal for several years prior to getting married. And this was before California started issuing drivers licenses to illegals, so I can only guess how he did that. I never saw it but I assume he came up with an SSN, too, because he had developed a work history which included employment at a major bank.

The last I heard, he was selling Harleys in Sydney.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I don't know the particulars of his case except that I do know he had already been an illegal for several years prior to getting married. And this was before California started issuing drivers licenses to illegals, so I can only guess how he did that. I never saw it but I assume he came up with an SSN, too, because he had developed a work history which included employment at a major bank.

The last I heard, he was selling Harleys in Sydney.
Interesting. Yeah, not familiar with the intricacies behind marriage/citizenship policy. Sounded like the DL/SSN fraud may have been what caught up to him?

Assume he left for Australia with wife/kids? Rough if he had to leave them behind.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Mexico is gonna pay for it. Rebuild it until you get it right. I don’t see any problem.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Interesting. Yeah, not familiar with the intricacies behind marriage/citizenship policy. Sounded like the DL/SSN fraud may have been what caught up to him?

Assume he left for Australia with wife/kids? Rough if he had to leave them behind.
They stayed in the U.S.. Wife divorced him. His oldest daughter must have been 8 or 9 by the time it all played out.

The wife ended up hooking up with another one of his friends, who also happened to be an illegal (another overstay), except from the UK. He was an all-pro motorcycle mechanic who was working in Costa Mesa. I lost track of them after that so I don't know how any of that played out.