Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Interesting! I’m not familiar with using diclofenac as an anti-cancer treatment.

We’ve been using Voltaren gel (1% dicofenac sodium topical gel) that required a doctor’s prescription in the US) for 7-8 years. We bought Volataren over the counter in France, Canada an Mexico for ½ the price of Voltaren gel in the US. In the past month, Voltaren gel became available over the counter in the US however, it is advertised in the lowest percentage diclofenac dosage.

I was getting two steroid shots a year in my L4 spine area Until I started using Voltaren (Global has a 3% prescription gel as well). Never went back for injections. Before (and after) a total knee replacement, my surgeon told me Voltaren was OK to continue using on my knee as the knee was healing after surgery.

Voltaren is a powerful gel that is really effective on arthritic joints like fingers, toes, knees, spine that are close to the surface. Joints like hips and shoulders are ‘hidden’ below muscle and other tissue that blocks the effectiveness of the gel (Voltaren isn’t recommended for these areas). If one has no issues using Advil, Ibuprofen or other NSAID tablets diclofenac may be worth a go for those inflamed or arthritic joints!

Skin pre-cancers? I’ll give it a try. Thanks 2surf

P.S. Mexico has it’s own brand varieties of diclofenac gels (Diclofenacto, etc.)

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
How do you know the outbreaks were pre-cancerous?
My dermatologist biopsied half a dozen lesions and deemed them squamous cell carcinoma. I was then given Calcitriol and Fluorouracil with Instructions to mix the two and rub it on the un-biopsied patches. 3 weeks later... nothing. Then by chance, I read on the internet that the "other' use for all my unused Diclofenac I had laying around was treating the pre-cancers. So I started applying it instead of the other 2 meds and my leg started clearing up within a week. I also used it on my nose and a patch above my eyebrow with the same result.

• Wow
Reactions: john4surf