Diamond tails

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
http://instagr.am/p/CQLiNtQjRXm/
Not my boar but it’s an eye catcher. Didn’t connect with the Project 1 when Wade made me one so I didn’t think of ordering a Project 2 when he started offering this model last year. He pulled out a diamond tail version of the Pro2 to show me. Diamond tail? Wade said while working on refining the model he like how the diamond tail surfed the best. He has been making a lot of wing pins too in the Pro2 and both versions of the Lemonade/LAplus. Go figure, a shaper who designs a board, makes and rides different versions, gives them to team riders, friends and long time customers to demo for more feedback before offering it to customers.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
After much hemming and hawing I went for the diamond. It was my teenage daughter who tipped the scales. "Do something diffferent for a change," she said, noting how many swallow tails I have.

6'-6" x 21" x 2-5/8," 14" nose, 15-1/2" tail. Will be a twinzer with mains 6-3/4"" up from diamond corners, which means 8-1/4"up from diamond point. Beveled nose chines. Why have one edge releasing when you can have two? Nose rocker was 4-1/2", but"is now 5" with the chine. Tail is 2", plus 1/2" in the channels which are 1/2" deep. I only put the channels on the corners to limit slipping of the diamond (compared to swallow). Or at least that's the intention. 1/16" single concave from the nose to just before the fins. I put the shallow concave more to accentuate the hard edges than to do any channeling or lifting (what's that anyways?:D). Very slight vee (1/16") starting with the fins. With the chines and diamond , there's a 6'-2" short board hiding in this 6-6'".

IMG_5498.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

Last edited: