Democrat Messiah Nate Silver. Book It.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
His twitter feed.
Okay this isn't his personal prediction. It's in a twitter thread where he's discussing why Biden has a decent shot in Alaska, and it's because Alaska is hard to predict.

He then goes on and points out that due to the more rightward tilt of Alaska, South Carolina, Missouri, Kansas, and Montana, eg being another step up the 'safe Trump' level, that the model is clustering a decent amount of outcomes on 413 electoral votes because there's a bunch of swing-y states with relatively even polling. There are about half a dozen other outcomes between 416 (above + Alaska) and 290-ish (just the Lake States) that are high likelihood scenarios.

It's not his personal map/prediction, it's just a picture of one of the more plausible scenarios in a thread discussing the behavior of his model.

Thats because your not a very smart person. There are huge SE Asian populations in Alabama and Louisiana. Do you think it's dangerous for them there?
In general no; taunting them the night of/day after their preferred candidate wins the Presidency?

That sounds like a good way to possibly incite a shitshow anywhere.

Reactions: Aruka

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Okay this isn't his personal prediction. It's in a twitter thread where he's discussing why Biden has a decent shot in Alaska, and it's because Alaska is hard to predict.

He then goes on and points out that due to the more rightward tilt of Alaska, South Carolina, Missouri, Kansas, and Montana, eg being another step up the 'safe Trump' level, that the model is clustering a decent amount of outcomes on 413 electoral votes because there's a bunch of swing-y states with relatively even polling. There are about half a dozen other outcomes between 416 (above + Alaska) and 290-ish (just the Lake States) that are high likelihood scenarios.

It's not his personal map/prediction, it's just a picture of one of the more plausible scenarios in a thread discussing the behavior of his model.

In general no; taunting them the night of/day after their preferred candidate wins the Presidency?

That sounds like a good way to possibly incite a shitshow anywhere.
You are assuming Trump supporters will begin acting like Biden supporters. So far there is zero evidence of that. Also, Louisiana has a democratic governor and they commonly vote for democrats for statewide office. To conclude that democrats or asians that vote for Biden won't be safe there is stupid.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Let's say, as an Asian, I wouldn't want to be in Alabama or Louisiana honking horns and waving a Biden flag if he wins...
That's a very prejudiced and presumptive statement

Have you ever been to either of those states before?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Thats because your not a very smart person. There are huge SE Asian populations in Alabama and Louisiana. Do you think it's dangerous for them there?
I did not know that. And that has nothing to do with intelligence. My statement is based on the fact I have a close friend, Mexican American, who was stationed in Louisiana while serving in the Marines and he told me stories (the "you're not from around here, boy" kind) and just the other day said he would not want to be there during this election cycle.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I did not know that. And that has nothing to do with intelligence. My statement is based on the fact I have a close friend, Mexican American, who was stationed in Louisiana while serving in the Marines and he told me stories (the "you're not from around here, boy" kind) and just the other day said he would not want to be there during this election cycle.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I wonder if so many people are voting early because they really like what‘s being done re: COVID?

Or maybe they have lots of confidence in the “restructuring“ going on with the Postal Service?

Maybe they have lots of faith in the security around elections? Not worried about Election Day shenanigans.

Maybe all those boat parades really inspired people to vote early.

Standing in line for several hours to vote early probably means people are really happy with the way things are going. Yes! Four more years like that!

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"Nationally, 0.9 percent of the American population is Asian. In Alabama 0.7 percent is Asian, accounting for 31,346 people. The Asian presence is small and highly concentrated in a few counties, largely in the metro areas. Jefferson, Madison, and Mobile Counties each have more than 5,000 Asians.
It's all Little Saigon up in that bitch."

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
"Nationally, 0.9 percent of the American population is Asian. In Alabama 0.7 percent is Asian, accounting for 31,346 people. The Asian presence is small and highly concentrated in a few counties, largely in the metro areas. Jefferson, Madison, and Mobile Counties each have more than 5,000 Asians.
It's all Little Saigon up in that bitch."
I wish I were in Saigon now.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf