Defund the Police

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This is an easy fix if you triple/quadruple police salaries.

If you think you're going to see a reduction in bad actors in law enforcement by reducing police funding, well . . . .
Counting the pensions and retirement health benefits, total compensation for police is very high.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
money talks

people want more training, better officers . . . pay for it
Yup.

A few weeks ago I was involved in restraining a 180 lb 30 year old male.

This rarely happens in my setting at my location.

Using only our hands and body weight it took 8 men.

Two of those men were over 200lbs, one of them being a young former NFL player.

Without the use of a drug that causes paralysis I cannot imagine how bad it would've gone.

The adrenaline was through the roof.

And I'm thinking to myself "Cops do this kind of sh!t on the regular in many places..."

More training, better officers = funding.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
My anecdotal observations and learnings, they may be wildly inaccurate:

Many cops are underpaid and work 12 hour plus shifts for the overtime.

SWAT teams are frequently used to serve warrants. Those on SWAT teams get premium pay.

Punitive citations also help fund police forces. Places like Ferguson have abused this practice for years. They’re bleeding money from already poor communities.

Police can’t “retreat” or decide to ignore a call. IMO this sets them up with a “comply or else” mentality.

Police calling for backup or working with a partner and that partner second guesses or questions their judgment, guess who the a-hole is. They are in potential life and death situations.

Drugs have won the war on drugs. We should accept that and it would eliminate many of these policing issues.
Excellent, REALISTIC post.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Yup.

Without the use of a drug that causes paralysis I cannot imagine how bad it would've gone.

And I'm thinking to myself "Cops do this kind of sh!t on the regular in many places..."

and now my brother works as a nurse so when he has to deal with this stuff now it's unpleasant but he kinda laughs

• Wow
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Yup.

You should probably do more squats and take some supplements to boost your T-levels.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
talking to my brother about some of the stuff he did as CHP (not even local police) you could not pay me enough to work law enforcement.
I always thought it would be interesting to work highway patrol in some backwater

I don't know how I'd do with the gore

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I always thought it would be interesting to work highway patrol in some backwater

I don't know how I'd do with the gore
How high were you when you watched Super Troopers?

Also, this thread has proved enlightening. I learned from some of our conservative friends that if we want better results in schools, we should pay teachers more.

winning.jpg

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Pump .308 AR

Its still hard to beat a 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun for self defense. I've got access to all sorts of firepower but if I'm picking one to have in hands if rioters came to the neighborhood it would be a 12 Gauge. Even bird shot is a hell of a deterrent and a hell of a bad way to get shot at close and mid range. You can remove a bullet.......heck it might even pass through but a 12 Gauge #7 birdshot load has over 400 pellets in a single shot and #4 inside 30 yards would be devastating.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This is what you're going to start seeing if you have white gun turds doing it.

Trumby will be directly responsible for resurrecting the Black Panther Party.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

OK, now let's do educators: DEFUND ED-YOO-CAY-SHUN!!! (Which states have been doing for 15 years)
I have no issue with people legally and safely possessing firearms in public. I‘m not a fan of open carry but I believe any law abiding citizen has that right.

The level of melanin in their skin has no relevance.

You realize Gun control laws originally came about to prevent black people from having guns. It was democrats that made it happen.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot