DefrostedPooper—DONE

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
a man of his age should be considerably more skilled for a self proclaimed surf "guru". average SoCal kook at best said:
I love the sh*t talking but it’s only good if you can back it up. Let’s see some clips or pics of you surfing. Otherwise just kicking a dead horse that’s been banned from the barn.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I'm far better at surfing than the pooper, don't need to prove it to anyone. Unlike many others I do not need external validation to soothe my ego. Can't be outed like the Duff man, need to keep the anonymity.

• Haha
Reactions: rts265

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
To bring it back to design...
GG- if DF came to you and asked you to shape him a board that would best suit his skill level, the style he wants to surf, the boards he likes to ride, and the wave he surfs (Oceanside)... what kind of design would you suggest?
A design that would help him complete his manuevers , rather than one that dissasembles at the end of that attempted maneuver .

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
He looked pretty good on his back hand for onky 5 years, and starting as an adult
Didn’t know his backstory, only current status. He surfs good for an adult learner, sadly once you pass a certain age it’s near impossible to ascend past intermediate ability. I’m afraid he and all you other VALs are sh!t out of luck.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I think adult learners can benefit from occasionally surfing a longer board. It’ll help learning to use the rails with purpose. And will definitely smooth out choppy style. Those really short wide tail boards seems like the drive is done off the fins and not engaging the rail enough. Just learning floaters and carve downs on a 6’4 or longer helps with fundamentals.