Dear Emotionally Imbalanced Adult Learner Who Kicked His Softtop At Me Last Night

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
We arent' complaining about the lack of east coast surf or how crowded california is or how everyone has moved to hawaii .
bullshit, maybe you all would stop whinging so much if you got in the water a few times per week :waving:

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Lived there for a couple of years, and I still look at the cams every now and then since they’re bookmarked on my Surfline app. It did look like there were fun waves after that TD passed over.

which spot? I think I can make a good guess, but just curious if it’s different

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
No such thing as bad waves. Just the wrong equipment.

Get a foil and go ride rolling swells you can’t surf. Or pick up an OC1 and do downwinds.

Learn to windsurf or kite surf.

The only limitation is you.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
this was a particularly dismal year and half of surf. Only a few years ago, it seemed there were fun to even great days at least several times a month. Now it seems like a few times per season. hopefully that pattern changes. a good 30-45 day run of tropical surf starting in late August would be nice, like back in 2016 or whenever that last happened
think it was 2017.
that season really raised the eyebrows of this veteran.
:jamon:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah, in my 35 years of surfing in NY, that season was a real treat. barrels at home for weeks and weeks. Bigger outer bar days out east. that season had it all

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
This gives me the most excellent idea of paddling out with a nerf gun on my back with a belt of dart ammo a-la Rambo status.

never thought of shooting foam darts at the dingbats dropping in on their foam boards. poetic justice.
this, and then take it to the next level: replace the little nerf bullet tips with push pins. will penetrate human skin, foamie skin, probably even surfboard glass. hurts like a mofo :applause2:

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
No one asked the most important question.

Did you drop in on him??? If so, I’d say he’s learning his lessons well. Did his board hit you? Maybe he needs to work on his aim.
I was one of 6 people that dropped in on that particular wave. McHatin - yes, 1st St.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
yeah, in my 35 years of surfing in NY, that season was a real treat. barrels at home for weeks and weeks. Bigger outer bar days out east. that season had it all
i remember being surfed out - no way Jose - and watching ACNJ firing at 6ft
hurricane swell and 2 guys on it. You don't see that often...
:applause2:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
A small air horn inconspicuously stashed could help alert burn artists to your presence. Position just behind the offender’s ear and press the button. They’ll remember that for a while.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Clown world out there these days. Even decent surfers don’t know how to surf the peak anymore. Shoulder hopping to try and get barreled on 1’ sections for the win!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I was pretty sure Paulette/Teddy delivered for NY last season while Florida got c0ckblocked. Pretty sure I could pull receipts on last fall getting claimed by a certain Long Beach, NY community member?

Our Sept-Nov was very consistent, but we got completely screwed on conditions.

Summer crowds are nuclear though. I dunno if it was them hyping the "Southern Hemi" but it's been sooooo packed at the Pier this week. I counted 40 people in like 30 yards of a waist high closeout. sh!t was cray.

Even just the beach itself, it rained pretty hard yesterday and it was still crowded after 8:15. Just the absolute worst time to surf-bathe, people basically every 30 yards splashing and screaming, trying to live-chum sharks.