dave parmenter is a surf guru

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
He has been legend in these parts for decades and believed to be one of the first to surf some very spooky spots throughout the central coast, before anyone really knew they could even be surfed. True pioneer surfer spirit. Heard so many stories over the years but oddly have never met him.

Style for days

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
anyone have this one? this is what I would get. either that or a widow maker
Ima go with the Steph, just in a different color(sharks). Heavy glass.
Only b/c it’s more versatile IMo

Ando showing what you can do on a 6’6” single fin:
1599187693552.jpeg

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
When he was a kid in Cayucos he was a punk. All grown up now.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've liked a lot of the stuff he's written but on podcasts he always just comes off as kinda...smug? I'm not sure if that's the word I'm looking for and but it's something pretty close.

I think it's a good thing when shapers are confident or even arrogant about what they make. But hearing Parmenter portray himself to be a total expert on all things shaping while contradicting himself multiple times was :rolleyes: .

Towards the end when he basically claimed not to consume ANY surf related material...Yeah fkin right.:ROFLMAO:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Definitely smug......or egotistical.

He proclaims to be on a higher cerebral plane than lowly surfers because he paddles an outrigger offshore now instead of "playing in the shorebreak". :rolleyes:

Smart dude. Master craftsman. But needs to reel in the ego a bit.
Anyone who states their case with clarity and confidence will end up with a fair share of haters.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Love his shapes, shop talk, surf stories, and all but tried to get him to shape a single for me.....and exchanged emails and never could get any where. I added input of size and maybe width and where I surf and he kept going back wards and I gave up.