Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
looks so fun.
" with a revolutionary rail to rocker to bottom contour combination" - Must be a Flat bottom with Foiled Tucked edge nose to tail ;-)

Actually the "NEW - LATEST " rearset fin placements are whats really making the difference ;-)

Love these prices - good for him and glad to see Rob doing well there glassing .

Last edited:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
god dammit he named it dark arts from theo vonn, I immediately thought of theo when i saw the name.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
" with a revolutionary rail to rocker to bottom contour combination" - Must be a Flat bottom with Foiled Tucked edge nose to tail ;-)

Actually the "NEW - LATEST " rearset fin placements are whats really making the difference ;-)
There's definitely concave to double to vee going on. But flat through the whole entry until under the front foot. Tucked edge nose to tail.
The fins placements are definitely rearward. Makes for a very positive feeling twin.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Damn, he makes those tiny twins look like he's skating a park. So tempting. I wonder if they have worked as well for any mere mortal surfers. Did you ever surf yours or end up getting a refund/re-make?

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Damn, he makes those tiny twins look like he's skating a park. So tempting. I wonder if they have worked as well for any mere mortal surfers. Did you ever surf yours or end up getting a refund/re-make?
Are you talking specifically about the plasmic? Im curious as well.
I'm gonna start annoying people repeating this but my Lightbender is absolute magic. Never had a board as balanced.

Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The board was returned to the glasser and things were promptly made right.

Surfed mine in dumpy waist/chest beachbreak. Board was very zippy and loose. Could be surfed frontside and backside no problem. First wave I spun a reverse in the whitewater and I really didn't expect the board to allow for it so naturally. The board gave me a feeling of a considerable amount of freedom that it would allow for some very creative surfing if someone wanted to get it dialed in.

At the same time though (and this feels weird to say) it felt very bland and I didn't connect at all emotionally with it. My curiosity was satisfied and I sold it the next day.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
"The board was returned to the glasser and things were promptly made right."

Never would have been sold or sent to an excited customer .

Riders have made this acceptable obviuosly - industry standard for the last 25 years -