Daniel Jones Twin

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Surfed dropped so decided to paddle out my step down thruster. I don’t really have a good gravel boar but the HIC Striker has a lower rocker, wider outline with lots of concave.

I was a little worried about jumping back on a thruster after three weeks on the twin. First wave I could feel the third fin but it was fine. The tail felt heavy.,I just had to pump a little harder but it felt like an old friend.

I think I surf more consistently on a thruster cause that’s what I’ve been surfing on for so long. But the DJ twin will be a go to when the waves get a little better. It’s fast and draws different lines and angles.
The step up thrusters will come out when it’s Big Bowl barrels.

Think I might get Kerry to make me a twin fish to gravel. You guys can chime in fin suggestion now. Haha.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Surfed dropped so decided to paddle out my step down thruster. I don’t really have a good gravel boar but the HIC Striker has a lower rocker, wider outline with lots of concave.

I was a little worried about jumping back on a thruster after three weeks on the twin. First wave I could feel the third fin but it was fine. The tail felt heavy.,I just had to pump a little harder but it felt like an old friend.

I think I surf more consistently on a thruster cause that’s what I’ve been surfing on for so long. But the DJ twin will be a go to when the waves get a little better. It’s fast and draws different lines and angles.
The step up thrusters will come out when it’s Big Bowl barrels.

Think I might get Kerry to make me a twin fish to gravel. You guys can chime in fin suggestion now. Haha.
…This is how it begins.
For a step-down twin, Akila’s battail “contemporary” fish is a fantastic groveler small/junky wave boar. Would be cool to hear you try that one at some point. Think it would be much more intuitive than DJ RC sounds.

Reactions: Aruka and teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Saw Akila the other day. He was riding something like that but with a square nose. Word in the lineup is it’s been a roll of the dice getting a boar in less than 3 months from Akila. Not in a rush but summer might be over by then.

HIC owes me a boar from some work I did so it’s probably gonna be a Kerry fish. Steve Morgan has some fun gravel boars too.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Looks good! Nice teeroi, get ir brother!
By the way, dont you like quads? Theyre pretty good too!
Wade and Kerry made me quads. They’re harder to transition back to thruster than a twin imo. I didn’t like how there’s only two speeds riding the quads the Tokoros made me. Fast or stop. Stalling for barrels is too exciting for my old heart.

Daniel Jones has been surfing and building quads for the NS and the feedback is really good. Maybe toward winter.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
My friend has a Kerry Wildcard as a twin

View attachment 155381
Texted Kerry if he could make me this model with just two fins. He replied yes he’ll pull in the tail for more bite.

Texted Bert at HIC to see if I can just order over text.
Waiting for his reply. Pretty sure it’s a go.

Ordered 5’8 x 20 1/4 x 2 3/4, medium rails.
4 oz bottom 4oz e x 4 oz s deck. FCS2 fin plugs planning on running the Power Twins. The reason is the Tokoros use FCS2 in their personal and r&d boars. The reason for telling Kerry what fins is so he can adjust placement.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Texted Kerry if he could make me this model with just two fins. He replied yes he’ll pull in the tail for more bite.

Texted Bert at HIC to see if I can just order over text.
Waiting for his reply. Pretty sure it’s a go.

Ordered 5’8 x 20 1/4 x 2 3/4, medium rails.
4 oz bottom 4oz e x 4 oz s deck. FCS2 fin plugs planning on running the Power Twins. The reason is the Tokoros use FCS2 in their personal and r&d boars. The reason for telling Kerry what fins is so he can adjust placement.
This guy knows how to yolo. Holy chit!

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Bert texted back. It’s a go.

I’ll start its own thread when I get it.

Threw you guys a curve going with FCS2. But got a lot more of them. I have the Power twins, Merrick Twin, NVS Nautilus, NVS Album, and might even have an old nylon set of MR’s. I’m sure all you guys will have tons of FCS twin fin suggestions too. Haha.

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020

Threw you guys a curve going with FCS2. But got a lot more of them. I have the Power twins, Merrick Twin, NVS Nautilus, NVS Album, and might even have an old nylon set of MR’s. I’m sure all you guys will have tons of FCS twin fin suggestions too. Haha.
So you went with fcs2. You gotta try mick fannings twins right?

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and teeroi

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Phew. Wasn’t sure Bert’s phone gets texts
IMG_7541.gif

You already listed three more twin sets than I knew existed for FCS2! I thought it was MR or Power Twin. LOL.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Phew. Wasn’t sure Bert’s phone gets texts
View attachment 155398
You already listed three more twin sets than I knew existed for FCS2! I thought it was MR or Power Twin. LOL.
The NVS fins need screws for fcs2. Found a set of fcs1 Harley Inglby twin fins too.

Duu trying to forget about this boar. Ink probably not even dry on the order form. To be continued….

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Power Twins and Fannings were my faves, but since I put BMT’s in my 5’7 Stamps Kai-Zen, I haven’t taken them out.

Reactions: teeroi

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
Chris Christenson twins are some of my favorites. I have them on Futures system, made by Captain Fins. And now FCS are making them too. They look like they run the same templates as captains.
I have the keel and the twin, and both are awesome, but I tend to ride the "twin" more, which is how they call their more upright template.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.14.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.12.12 AM.png

Reactions: teeroi