Dane Subdivision Suits

nolibos

OTF status
Oct 24, 2019
Central California
I have about 150 sessions in my subdivision 4mm, since this last Fall. Before that I had the regular RB2 3/4mm. The straight 4mm is nice and warm for the most part, on the coldest days here is Sonoma/Marin county, I use a 1mm vest under my suit.
The seam taping is starting to fray and the neoprene under the kneepads is getting thin.
I did send back my RB2 for kneepad and zipper pull repairs and they sent me a brand new suit; I might have to do that with the Subdivision before its year warranty in October.
I have to say, the two zipper locks is a game changer for my surfing/shralping.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
sounds like the buell thing may just be me. I was just talking to my buddy in the water this morning about it and he said he had no issues with his.

LiamUnknown

Nep status
Jun 16, 2004
I have about 150 sessions in my subdivision 4mm, since this last Fall. Before that I had the regular RB2 3/4mm. The straight 4mm is nice and warm for the most part, on the coldest days here is Sonoma/Marin county, I use a 1mm vest under my suit.
The seam taping is starting to fray and the neoprene under the kneepads is getting thin.
I did send back my RB2 for kneepad and zipper pull repairs and they sent me a brand new suit; I might have to do that with the Subdivision before its year warranty in October.
I have to say, the two zipper locks is a game changer for my surfing/shralping.
Do you have any preference between the 2. Was looking at getting the whole range of subdivisions from 2mm to 4 mm for NCSD. I'm skinny and get cold easily.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
I've got a 4mil. Bought last fall but only used a handful of times. Fit is odd, loose in the torso tight in the arms and neck feels like 1" too high which is kinda annoying. Rubber is soft and flexible. I got a Oneill Hyperfreak at the same time and always go for it over the Buell.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I've got a 4mil. Bought last fall but only used a handful of times. Fit is odd, loose in the torso tight in the arms and neck feels like 1" too high which is kinda annoying. Rubber is soft and flexible. I got a Oneill Hyperfreak at the same time and always go for it over the Buell.
funny you say that. The high neck is weird. not a deal breaker but weird. And I do find myself grabbing my hyperfreak over the buell as well.

Reactions: tedshred
Jan 10, 2014
Anyone know how the fit runs on the Dane division? could hardly fit in a MS RB2 and the LS was baggy. 5’7 155lbs

bobsacamano

OTF status
Apr 9, 2016
I have the Dane back zip 4/3. Works well, no complaints except no key loop. L fits me fine, and I wear L in Xcel and Oneill. I'm 6'1 200lb.

Reactions: tcureton

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
I have the RB1 in SM size and it just fits perfectly tight.
I went MS for the DR and it feels too baggy and heavier. In fact, it leaks quite easy.
It feels solid but I prefer the flexibility of the RBs even if they don’t last long.
5’9 155lb

Reactions: tcureton

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I would've called it "Dad Bod Division" in line with the way he names CI models.