Customs finally arrive....and they're sh!t. A venting thread

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
sorry manny cairo not the same caliber as parmenter

he’s a great shaper but parmy is like guru status.

angry hipster rant in 3, 2, 1...
yeah lame comparison on my part. wasnt implying caro could sub for parmy.

a decade or so ago manny channeled his inner pavel and only shaped for family and friends.

prolly worked until he realized he didnt hsve enough of the later to supprt his sd hipster chit.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Has a $1k mandala. doesn’t know who Manny or Mandala are.

antihipsta flex :roflmao:
Da fuq.

The dude paid 1k for this thing?!?!

I had this longboard and the dude really wanted it so I said okay to the trade.

I was only selling the longboard for 500 bucks. Wasn’t anything special. Just a standard summer time board.

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Any carbon fiber board is gonna be >$1,000. How big is that one? Let’s make a deal. LOL
I guess it’s not for everyone, but I really like those types of minisim-inspired shapes. They are fast and responsive- can feel like a snowboard at the short length (5’6 for me).

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Any carbon fiber board is gonna be >$1,000. How big is that one? Let’s make a deal. LOL
I guess it’s not for everyone, but I really like those types of minisim-inspired shapes. They are fast and responsive- can feel like a snowboard at the short length (5’6 for me).
I think this is the 6’0?

I’m 6’3 and close to 240 so might actually be a good size for me

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think this is the 6’0?

I’m 6’3 and close to 240 so might actually be a good size for me
Well I’m 180, so that size might work for you. IMO, would certainly be worth a try- even just for the novelty of the carbon fiber build. It might surprise you and you may like it!

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I’m already hearing June at the earliest in my parts. They threw in the towel for Jan 1st already but not officially announced.

I think a lot of people (managers) don’t want to go back and thats probably why the WFH status quo won’t flip for a while. If their underlings go in, they will have to as well.
I think its the managers who want everybody back in the office. How do you manage, if you can't breathe down their necks.

Then the big bosses notice that everything runs fine without managers

Reactions: mundus

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Ugggggghhhhh.....update....Not the shapers fault.....FEDEx lost my custom order I placed 3 months ago....gone into the ethos. can’t find it. zip. zero. nada....shipped from California 11dayz ago and they can’t locate it....anyone ever deal with this?? How quick was the response to get this resolved by both ends?? Hopefully it shows up next 72hrs or it will be another 2-3 months before I see anything.....fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk FEdEx they probably ran over it and destroyed it and afraid to admit it. rather claim it lost.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I had a very expensive order disappear with fedex, then suddenly reappear 3 days after it was supposed to be delivered. Fingers crossed for you. Their phone support sucks.

Reactions: jkb

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
so is it bc everyone didnt surf for a while now are going crazy? or st else? is it all the new covid summer surfers now having work from home = graduate from wavestorm to midlength to try to live their surfer instagrm dreams?
It's because everyone is "working from home"

Reactions: Havoc

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Yeah, wait it out a bit.

The mail is fvcked right now.

Everyone is having everything delivered so they are way overloaded at the moment.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Ugggggghhhhh.....update....Not the shapers fault.....FEDEx lost my custom order I placed 3 months ago....gone into the ethos. can’t find it. zip. zero. nada....shipped from California 11dayz ago and they can’t locate it....anyone ever deal with this?? How quick was the response to get this resolved by both ends?? Hopefully it shows up next 72hrs or it will be another 2-3 months before I see anything.....fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk FEdEx they probably ran over it and destroyed it and afraid to admit it. rather claim it lost.
where were they being shipped to?