custom wait times?

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
How has the quality been on customs with them being so slammed? I have been holding off on ordering a board since i have seen almost every glass shop looking for experienced help

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
How has the quality been on customs with them being so slammed? I have been holding off on ordering a board since i have seen almost every glass shop looking for experienced help
I ordered a Bing with resin tint back in December and picked it up 5 months to the day, on Cinco de Mayo

the quality of the board is top notch

last year at the start of Covid, when I was a bit trigger-happy (yolo), I got a Rusty in 5 weeks, an XTR Mayhem in 6 weeks, and an Album in 7 weeks.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I’ve had a revolving number of no less than 6 boards on order at any time in the last 18mo.
Quickest boards have been from Dark Arts, anywhere from 4-10wks
Longest have been the Burch boards, but they’re SOOO worth the wait. The last batch was ordered in July. Alex sent me a pic couple weeks ago showing the color he’s doing on my 7’0 big Squit fish
View attachment 109045
you think you are better than us don;t u?

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
4 1/2 months for my Album Townsend. I'm hoping next week it'll be ready. Matt has been great about giving me status reports when he comes up for air. He's been very honest as well with time frame. I think I'm done ordering boards until things cool off. Plus, I'm very happy with my current collection.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Dang. I’m impatient af. Anyone ever been tempted to sell a boar they never even received?

I bet you could get more than you paid for on a custom album due in the queue if close enough to stonk dims.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I’ve had a revolving number of no less than 6 boards on order at any time in the last 18mo.
Quickest boards have been from Dark Arts, anywhere from 4-10wks
Longest have been the Burch boards, but they’re SOOO worth the wait. The last batch was ordered in July. Alex sent me a pic couple weeks ago showing the color he’s doing on my 7’0 big Squit fish
View attachment 109045
Have you ever asked Burch for an EPS/carbon fiber rail board?

Reactions: RattimusBeach

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Just received an email saying my board is done. lol. 4 weeks and 2 days. Pretty damn quick from what I can tell. Places around here were turning down orders or quoting 3 plus months.
My two board order ended up being 11-12 weeks.

Reactions: MathDebater

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Man, 11 weeks for a Stretch. Crazy, I never waited more than 4.

Album quoted me 16 weeks for my custom, it's been 10 and it's at the glasser.

No more customs for a while. As someone said, once people have to go back to work there's gonna be a glut of used boards available.

Reactions: paunch23

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
About 2 months at rs surf co. The Glasser is the bottleneck right now but both boards I ordered came out flawless.