custom wait times?

ckupczynski1

OTF status
Oct 14, 2009
Yep, was told after 6 weeks the board was shaped... 8 months later, the board was still waiting to be glassed. Got my deposit back.
Wow thats crazy. I’m not sure why shapers WO t just tell you hey it’s going to be this long maybe longer with a reasonable explanation such as the current boom going on. I’d respect that more then being told it’s almost done when in reality probably didn’t even order the blank yet

Reactions: waxurDyl

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I ordered two customs recently.

Kazuma got me my board in 4 weeks.

Other shaper took 4 months. To be fair though, the blank shortage was responsible for 2 of those months. Once a blank was available they finished it in under 8 weeks which is more than reasonable in the current environment.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
so in house glass operations delivering mucho faster sounds like
My 8+ month wait (i think it was closer to 10) started with a shaped blank that no outside glasser wanted to deal with. Bonzer bottom, deck channels, etc. Said shaper then got an in house glasser... nothing changed. Definitely not the norm though.

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Access to blanks, both PU and EPS, is a big part of the problem, as well as getting those blanks cut.

That’s partially why I ordered a Stamps in Varial. They are much quicker delivering a cut blank.

Reactions: Aruka