Custom Order Deposits: Refund Seeking

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
For me MC was somewhat of a challenge and order was wrong after a VERY detailed order card. I will say that he offered to Re-Do the order to make it right.
He is human but one good thang is not afraid to talk to you on phone or in person:cheers:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Daniel "TOMO" Thomson/ Hilton Dawe.

Smooth ordering process.
Once the money has been sent over, you can talk to Dan and narrow out the fine details.
The construction is good! The glass jobs on mine have held up they are still white 3 years later.
The packaging was great. The freight comes through Fedex once it hits the United States.
Great experience all 3 times i've ordered!

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Steve Brom - awesome on the phone, delivered what we agreed on, dropped the board off to me!
Stretch - nailed what i was looking for, board was finished on time
Ryan Sakal - invited me to his shaping room, super nice dude, spent a good amount of time with me figuring out shape, dims, etc.

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Daniel "TOMO" Thomson/ Hilton Dawe.

Smooth ordering process.
Once the money has been sent over, you can talk to Dan and narrow out the fine details.
The construction is good! The glass jobs on mine have held up they are still white 3 years later.
The packaging was great. The freight comes through Fedex once it hits the United States.
Great experience all 3 times i've ordered!
Tomo was great after we got past the part where he has some classis mess ups.
He always fixed it and made* me 2 magic boards.

* idgaf if he handshaped, machine shaped or it came from Hiltons magic bolts mixed with Sakae's milky shreds. Two magic boards out of 8 is a good ratio.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Greg Griffin - say what you want about his interneting. The man is great to do business with. Talks about what you want, clear communication. Boards are done on time with amazing fins. Even when there have been delays he still lets you know.
Got us boards super fast in the middle of pandemic for my last trip.
Packs them up like he shipping you priceless artifacts. Always fun cracking into the boxes.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Greg Griffin
XTR Surfboards
Daniel Thomson
CI Surfboards
Danny Hess
Duke Aipa
Cole Simler
Joe Bark for paddleboards

ALL EXEMPLARY EXPERIENCES.

Reactions: JDJ

btesser

OTF status
Jul 18, 2005
LA
Visit site
Manny Caro (Mandala). I've ordered five boards from him over the years. Great communicator. He even re-did a board for me that got glassed with the wrong color fin boxes. I didn't even have to ask him to do that. And he expedited the glassing of the second board somehow through Moonlight so I didn't have to wait another three months for it (this was pre Covid).

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Greg Griffin - say what you want about his interneting. The man is great to do business with. Talks about what you want, clear communication. Boards are done on time with amazing fins. Even when there have been delays he still lets you know.
Got us boards super fast in the middle of pandemic for my last trip.
Packs them up like he shipping you priceless artifacts. Always fun cracking into the boxes.
I had a great ordering experience with Greg too. Board came out perfect too.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anyone have strange or off taking experience with shaper(s)? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Dave Parmenter was a trip:socrazy: tried to get a mpegg but never got any where after I sent a few emails about what I was after, surf used for, experience,age, height etc...:drowning:
Worse was Brian Hilber Fineline after months of waiting for email response to replace my MP he got angry that I wanted to input dims and said MP is not made like that etc:toilet:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Anyone have strange or off taking experience with shaper(s)? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Dave Parmenter was a trip:socrazy: tried to get a mpegg but never got any where after I sent a few emails about what I was after, surf used for, experience,age, height etc...:drowning:
Worse was Brian Hilber Fineline after months of waiting for email response to replace my MP he got angry that I wanted to input dims and said MP is not made like that etc:toilet:
MY parmy experience was good. It was dragging at the glasses and I bitched, he offered my deposit back. I drove to SLO to pick it up and he met me at his shop on a weekend.
Hilbers is just nuts, nice guy though.

• Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
MY parmy experience was good. It was dragging at the glasses and I bitched, he offered my deposit back. I drove to SLO to pick it up and he met me at his shop on a weekend.
Hilbers is just nuts, nice guy though.
Did you give DP any input on your board or let him decide etc? Wondering if we got off wrong foot but for me normal for me to tell shaper height, width, and thickness. Then go over experience and your age, weight; and height. Do not get me wrong he was pleasant and wrote back asap but seemed like I was chasing my tail and never got any thing done.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta