Custom Order Deposits: Refund Seeking

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
There are 2 guys at the Harbor that ordered some sweet Zanadu boards (i think it was a quad). On mushy days those guys are catch everything with speed. I asked one of them about the board and had great things to say about... but they funny part is that they both guys ordered the same exact board and both were different. lol. Most notably the fin positioning. Neither of them seemed to be upset about it, but pretty funny how sometimes you get what you get with certain shapers.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I had the same thing happen with Hess, I think it was over 7 months I pulled the plug. If he would've been honest with me from the start, then I get it. You either wait or don't, now I order from Stretch, and like rowjimmy said, 10-12weeks and you have a rad board.
Oof at least now I have a timeline lol. Guess Im going back to OTR!

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Yup, was surprised when I got the original timeline quote - shouldve known it was a tad unrealistic

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
How long ago did you order? I got the complete run around, at 6 months it was being glassed, at 7 months it had never been shaped, and I pulled the plug.

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Lovelace?
Although his timeline is similar, it’s not Lovelace. But I do have something in the works with him too.
The deposit went to Dane Perlee. I had a some very good surfs on a twinzer he shaped for a buddy of mine. Everything I’ve heard about them being some of the best available were true so I’m ordering a few. I’m also going to order a couple of his Singzers…can’t get in his queue without ordering at least one of those!

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Although his timeline is similar, it’s not Lovelace. But I do have something in the works with him too.
The deposit went to Dane Perlee. I had a few very good surfs on a twinzer he shaped for a buddy of mine. Everything I’ve heard about them being some of the best available were true so I’m ordering a few. I’m also going to order a couple of his Singzers…can’t get in his queue without ordering at least one of those!
Why not go to Barry Snyder very respectable name in shaping twinzers and be done :shrug:

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
How long ago did you order? I got the complete run around, at 6 months it was being glassed, at 7 months it had never been shaped, and I pulled the plug.
Its from Mid July - the only thing that I've heard is that they've got an outline going haha

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Damn, Yew! I placed an order with Danny in July and he told me it would be ready for winter. Just emailed him the other day to see if he could add a few inches, and he said too late, it's being glassed. Assuming he keeps his order sheets stacked chronologically, you won't be waiting too much longer (I'm making a lot of assumptions here!).:unsure:

Last edited:

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Damn, Yew! I placed an order with Danny in July and he told me it would be ready for winter. Just emailed him the other day to see if he could add a few inches, and he said too late, it's being glassed. Assuming he keeps his order sheets stacked chronologically, you won't be waiting too much longer (I'm making a lot of assumptions here!).:unsure:
Fingers crossed! I would like to bring it with me to kauai and back to Canada over the holidays!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There are 2 guys at the Harbor that ordered some sweet Zanadu boards (i think it was a quad). On mushy days those guys are catch everything with speed. I asked one of them about the board and had great things to say about... but they funny part is that they both guys ordered the same exact board and both were different. lol. Most notably the fin positioning.
If you go to Xanadu you get an actual custom surfboard.

There are others like this - guys that are interested in making regular people custom surfboards - at least one of them posts here.

By that I mean he asks you questions about your surfing, where you're surfing, what boards you're surfing, what shapers you get boards from, etc.

For every shape he has many files, and I know he does various placements with twins.

People get caught up in marketing though. GOTTA HAVE THAT NEW TWIN MICK IS RIDING.

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
I ordered a board from a well known shaper in norcal beginning of August. Originally quoted me Mid to End of September. Sent him an email about a week ago but no response. What do you guys think?
i think there are no well known shapers in norcal. souther