Custom For Jorge

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Outline looks all smooth curves, no bump wings/hips. From my Swaylock days I believe your entry rockers are lowish combined with nose flip. the photo shows that. Pics can be deceiving, but the tail rocker looks "staged" in second "rocker and foil" shot.

:shaka:

Reactions: need 4 speed

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Outline looks all smooth curves, no bump wings/hips. From my Swaylock days I believe your entry rockers are lowish combined with nose flip. the photo shows that. Pics can be deceiving, but the tail rocker looks "staged" in second "rocker and foil" shot.

:shaka:
"Sections" that match those in the template at that same spot - secret stuffs !! ;-)

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Email this morning , the kid gets it :)

Greg,

Want to let you know I picked up the board today. Board looks fantastic and feels great under the arm. The amount of foam through the chest and the foiling through the tail looks spot on. We are having back-to-back storms here, but there might be some opportunity to surf it during the week. BTW, this is the third board I have picked up from Delta SFO and each time they have been super nice, and this cardboard box didn’t even have a small dent.

You’ll like this: My 11 year old son went with me to pick up the board, and when we got home he was admiring the smoothness and foiling of the fins. He’s beginning to surf, and is getting familiar with the surfboard-buying world. He commented on how unique it was to get custom-made fins with a new board. He said you were like Carroll Shelby making his custom race cars. I laughed and said “exactly.” The day before we had gone to see the movie Ford vs. Ferrari, which is why he said that.

I’ll let you know how the board goes for me, hopefully soon.
Thanks again,
Jorge

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Today

Got to try the board this past weekend at First and Sewer Peaks, and one day this week at OBSF. Over the weekend the swell was wobbly and chunky and at times big enough that I probably should have been using a 6’6 or so. I got a good feel for the board at OBSF.

As I hoped for, the new board rides just like my 5’8: ultrafast, precise, smooth. Man, these 5-fins are magic at the beach. They get right into barrels and respond nicely to whatever the shoulder presents. Paddled nicely. Handsome glassing too. Someone always asks me about the 5-fins. I say twin fin speed and better-than-thruster control. Thanks for another nice surfing board that lets me have fun.

Curious question: I saw your channel bottom thrusters on your instagram. What would be the primary difference between one of them and a 5-fin of the same size & outline? My last channel bottom board was a double-wing deep channel thruster in 1989 shaped by Pat Reardon when I was a teen. I loved it. Fast and drivey.

Thanks again Greg, making surfboards is a lot of work. I appreciate it.

Jorge

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Please answer last paragraph :giggle::coffee:
It should be of interest and Confusing that this 5 fin design has worked as described for 30 years now , it takes 9 different size rear fins + placements to achieve this .
This is Jorge's 3rd one
This requires more focus from the workers to make this possible , same for my Channel designs.

Making many of them say I'm hard to deal with :) Boards with no fins are Much easier .