Custom for Jane

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
How do the channels effect the way the board rides and feels?
Hi Greg,

Just wanted to let you know that both boards are killer! The twinzer is impossible to bog...have surfed it in serious 2ft 6sec onshore junk and the board just glides down the line with almost no input required, like riding a skateboard downhill. Have also had it out in fun chest high glassy conditions and the board can be put anywhere on the wave, super loose and sensitive but always in control. Glides right around broken up sections without any loss of speed. Super easy to ride.

I was trying to wait until we had some nice head high+ clean waves to try the channel bottom but haven't been able to line up those conditions due to working a lot of overtime this past month, so my curiosity got the best of me and I have surfed it 4 times in funky sideshore windy conditions, waist high to a little overhead. Glad I did, the board works in everything (just like all your other models). This is my first channel bottom board and heard they have lots of drive but did not expect it to be so pronounced! Caught a couple of solid, chunky waves yesterday and I swear I thought I could feel the water flowing through the channels even with a traction pad on the deck and 7mil boots. Almost felt too fast until I found my footing after the first couple waves. Got tossed way out into the flats on a couple late drops and the board would just drive right back at the wave, and then drive right through my tops turns, more so than any board I have ridden. Constant, progressive acceleration through every turn. Awesome!

I have the fins all set to your marks...feels spot on, probably wont even experiment with moving em around anytime soon.

Your boards are the best. Period

p.s. - Saw Dave out towards the end of my session, on his twin fin yesterday surfing great , he is really liking it and had a big grin on his face. Was not easy conditions to surf, let alone on a twin fin, but like I said all your boards work in everything :)

His fins are on the slightly larger size , the next size down would make it little less extreme in how they ride - Constant acceleration at all times in Any surf .

Last edited: